PLEASE HELP ..... M GOING CRAZY

Options
OK SO HERE IT IS....EVER SINCE I JOINED MFP, I'VE BEEN CONSISTENTLY LOSING A KG A WEEK. 3 DAYS AGO, I ATE A LATE NIGHT MEAL, UNDER 150 CALS,(ALL UNDER 1200 CALS FOR THAT DAY) AND EVER SINCE MY WEIGHT SHOWS A 1.5 KG INCREASE. I ASSUMED IT WAS WATER WEIGHT AND WOULD COME OFF THE NEXT DAY, BUT IT ISN'T. I KNOW I SHOULD BE HAPPY WITH WHAT I'VE ACHIEVED SO FAR, BUT I FEEL SO GUILTY. :grumble:

PLS HELP:sad:

Replies

• chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    Are you stressed? Getting ready to start your period? Did you start a new exercise routine? Eating late at night doesn't make you gain weight and I highly doubt it's fat gain.
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    period, stress, water, more gym..don't worry, just carry on
  • LAnne16
    LAnne16 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Don't feel guilty. That's what makes people quit. Just accept it, and start anew today :) It's ok, all is well. Like you said, be happy with your acheivements and just move on :)
  • George_Pier
    George_Pier Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I JUST STARTED EXERCISE THIS WEEK..... THATS WHAT MAKES IT EVEN WORSE... I KINDA EXPECTED A DIP IN THE SCALE N INSTEAD GET A RISE
  • tdelo7634
    tdelo7634 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    150 calories of anything one time will not make you gain any weight.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I JUST STARTED EXERCISE THIS WEEK..... THATS WHAT MAKES IT EVEN WORSE... I KINDA EXPECTED A DIP IN THE SCALE N INSTEAD GET A RISE

Your muscles are probably retaining water to repair themselves from the workout.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    When you start exercising your cortisol levels increase, which leads to water retention. When your muscles are sore, they retain additional water. So, when you first start exercising, you will see a fair amount of weight gain, and it may take a few days to drop off. And the gain from muscles recovering isn't going to go away. I no longer weigh myself the day after I lift weights because the scale is always up.
  • George_Pier
    George_Pier Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    THANX U ALL..... FEEL SO MUCH BETTER..:tongue:
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Use less caps locked letters, they weigh more then lower case letters.
  • aljeca
    Options

hahah i was just gonna comment on this
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I've weighed exactly the same weight (to the tenth of a pound) for the last 5 days, after a gain of about a pound last week. It's not a big deal. Chill out and keep doing what you're doing.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Stop weighing so much, and drink lots of water!!!!

Your drive yourself crazy by jumping on them scales all the time, and seeing it go up and down, up and down.

ONCE A WEEK!
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

Your muscles are probably retaining water to repair themselves from the workout.

^^This.... give it a little time for your body to get used to the new routine and things will fall back into place.
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    OK SO HERE IT IS....EVER SINCE I JOINED MFP, I'VE BEEN CONSISTENTLY LOSING A KG A WEEK. 3 DAYS AGO, I ATE A LATE NIGHT MEAL, UNDER 150 CALS,(ALL UNDER 1200 CALS FOR THAT DAY) AND EVER SINCE MY WEIGHT SHOWS A 1.5 KG INCREASE. I ASSUMED IT WAS WATER WEIGHT AND WOULD COME OFF THE NEXT DAY, BUT IT ISN'T. I KNOW I SHOULD BE HAPPY WITH WHAT I'VE ACHIEVED SO FAR, BUT I FEEL SO GUILTY. :grumble:

PLS HELP:sad:

That's what happens when you consistently eat under 1200 calories... the moment you eat a bit more than you have been, the weight starts coming back on. A better way to go about it would be to figure out how much you should actually be eating and lose weight a bit slower and actually keep it off.
  • Steph_in_Mississippi
    Options

^^ Agree.
  • JessieMaeH82
    JessieMaeH82 Posts: 79 Member
    Options

I started exercising 3 wks ago--HARD and haven't seen any loss on the scale---but I'm keeping measurements---and THATS what's making me happy!
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Patience.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Seems wound a tad too tight....calm down! Step away from the scale!
  • Reza151
    Reza151 Posts: 517 Member
    Options

I'm glad someone said it, and in a humorous manner
  • dorisbunker39
    dorisbunker39 Posts: 80 Member
    Options

tumblr_mny4l3a97u1sr39gto1_250.gif