Wheat Belly

Options

Replies

• StrictlyPro
    Options
    Eating wheat is like eating a little bit of poison it will catch up with you.
    That includes so called healthy whole grains....
    And the lethal dosage is?

When your stomach bursts
  • dwalt15110
    dwalt15110 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    If we take as gospel every new "finding" with regards to our food, there really isn't anything we can eat.
  • s3girl
    s3girl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yup yup, I read it. It's a mix of how the American Standard Diet has changed and what about wheat/grain is bad. Really though... All it'll do is push you to eat less food containing gluten.
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    What does wheat give me that I can't get elsewhere, without the potential for unpleasantness?

Legit pasta and bread, pizza

Hahaha true enough!
    What I meant was, nutrition-wise, not recipe-wise --- but I take your point. :)
  • StrictlyPro
    Options
    nutrition wise you could probably eat a mixture of whey powder, table sugar, and lard and add in a few supplements (well yeah whey is already a supplement), but who would want to do that.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I eat Grains and Sugar everyday and have lost 42 inches off my waist and 312 lbs. off the scale so no I haven't read it nor will I.... Nothing wrong with whole grains and pure cane sugar in my opinion..... Best of Luck OP....
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Wow, wish I would have known wheat was poison. I should have told my granny before she died at 97 years old she was going to die early cause she was poisoning herself.
    She had toast and sammiches every day.
    Went through the depression with bread and lard too.
  • tawanda6329
    tawanda6329 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I eliminated wheat/gluten but I still eat grains & sugars. I lost inches in my stomach but I didn't really start losing weight until I started watching my calorie intake. I eat Gluten-Free frozen pizza, some gluten-free cookies, candy (skittles, starburst), white rice, potatoes so I don't feel too deprived. I still hate not being able to stop at a Fast Food place and grab something right quick. I have to prepare most of my food.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Wow, wish I would have known wheat was poison. I should have told my granny before she died at 97 years old she was going to die early cause she was poisoning herself.
    Grandma built up an immunity to the poison. Perhaps she passed that genetic ability on to you.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Eating wheat is like eating a little bit of poison it will catch up with you.
    That includes so called healthy whole grains....

Civilization was built on bread (and beer).

You are speaking total nonsense.
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to go to the fair and eat various deep-fried poison goodies tomorrow!
  • GermanicKnight
    Options
    The only way wheat can kill you is if you create wheat bullets and shoot then from a grain gun.
  • 34blast
    34blast Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    total calories in versus out is the key, but this is another stupid fix all thesis that can be proved false easily.

http://www.aaccnet.org/publications/plexus/cfw/pastissues/2012/OpenDocuments/CFW-57-4-0177.pdf
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    The only way wheat can kill you is if you create wheat bullets and shoot then from a grain gun.

I feel like there's a horror movie concept in there...
  • JuzDuIt
    JuzDuIt Posts: 222 Member
    Options

^^This! My grandma had a great saying - all things in moderation. Worked for her! (let me in advance say hahahahaha to all the cheeky smartasses on this site who might now write "oh, so a little arsenic is OK?")
  • concealedpearl
    Options
    I did it for 6 months not touching a single piece of bread...did I feel better yes sometimes, but I also lost NO WEIGHT and found I had to purchase very expensive food items to substitute the no grains/wheat. And his book totally recommends going low card which did havoc to my metabolism...I would gain like 5lbs if I ever had more carbs then the previous day. This never used to happen to me and I lost 20lbs but have gained it in the past year trying this WHEAT/GRAIN/SUGAR Free lifestyle. I am going back to what works...eat whatever I want as long as I don't go over my allotted calories.
  • StrictlyPro
    Options
    Grandma built up an immunity to the poison. Perhaps she passed that genetic ability on to you.

And then she won a battle of wits against a Sicilian
  • StrictlyPro
    Options

Says the guy who has clearly never been cut by a wheat knife.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,986 Member
    Options

And you never want to that when death is on the line.
  • brucedelaney
    brucedelaney Posts: 433 Member
    Options

And you never want to that when death is on the line.

I N C O N C E I V A B L E