What's your food sin?

Options

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Wine. I drink over the recommended guidelines, and when I'm over on calories it's usually not by more than my wine calories, so I guess that qualifies as a food sin.

How do you know you're over on calories if you don't track them?

I tracked regularly for a long time.
  • lua_
    lua_ Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    My biggest sin was thinking that some foods deserved to be considered sinful/evil/bad.
  • _Tara_R
    _Tara_R Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Cream-filled long johns!! Yummy!!!
  • s3girl
    s3girl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Pizza & mac'n'cheese.

om nom nom nom...
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Wine. I drink over the recommended guidelines, and when I'm over on calories it's usually not by more than my wine calories, so I guess that qualifies as a food sin.

So when you said you don't track, you just meant that the tracking that you've been doing lately is not complete and consistent? Maybe all the logging you've been doing the past three months is just to check in on the calories of various things you're not familiar with? I guess the tool is there to use however you want to. Certainly do more of what works for you.
  • Barbell_Jules
    Barbell_Jules Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    My biggest sin was thinking that some foods deserved to be considered sinful/evil/bad.

This! Best response right here. :wink:
  • PandalynnKapri
    PandalynnKapri Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    FRIED CHICKEN FROM POPEYES!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

So when you said you don't track, you just meant that the tracking that you've been doing lately is not complete and consistent? Maybe all the logging you've been doing the past three months is just to check in on the calories of various things you're not familiar with? I guess the tool is there to use however you want to. Certainly do more of what works for you.

Maybe I said I didn't track?? My initial weight loss was prior to joining MFP and was done without logging. But I logged for a long time after I joined.
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've given up anything, so no sins have been committed.. I just eat less and the higher calorie items in moderation. I'm not giving up things I love for the rest of my life.

Nope. Not gonna happen.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Sin? Alrighty, then.

pastor-flying-gif.gif
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Gummy bears and gummy worms. I haven't been able to cut them out.

oooo i can't even remember when i had candy last! Hot Tamales!! :devil:

OMG I can't have Hot Tamales in the house without eating ALL of them. tried keeping the Halloween-size small packages around, but even that didn't work.

I once ate Hot Tamales for lunch. Seriously...I ate so many that it was my meal. :noway: So it's safe to say that I totally love those things. The only time I eat them now is if I see them in one of those little candy machine's that you have to put 25 cents in and turn the little knob. There are 2 places within 3 miles of my house that have these machines. They dispense the perfect palm size portion, and I know it will satisfy me. I just have to make sure that I'm getting them when I'm leaving the establishment, and not when I arrive...as I will get more if I'm in the building for more than 2 minutes.
  • Wiltord1982
    Wiltord1982 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Good grief - I can't stop looking - this thread should come with a health advisory - Now I want poutine smothered with cheese and bacon.

I feel ya!
  • Wiltord1982
    Wiltord1982 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Gummy bears and gummy worms. I haven't been able to cut them out.

oooo i can't even remember when i had candy last! Hot Tamales!! :devil:

OMG I can't have Hot Tamales in the house without eating ALL of them. tried keeping the Halloween-size small packages around, but even that didn't work.

I once ate Hot Tamales for lunch. Seriously...I ate so many that it was my meal. :noway: So it's safe to say that I totally love those things. The only time I eat them now is if I see them in one of those little candy machine's that you have to put 25 cents in and turn the little knob. There are 2 places within 3 miles of my house that have these machines. They dispense the perfect palm size portion, and I know it will satisfy me. I just have to make sure that I'm getting them when I'm leaving the establishment, and not when I arrive...as I will get more if I'm in the building for more than 2 minutes.

What are Hot Tamales?
  • Kmarchak
    Kmarchak Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ugh Alfredo and other cheese pasta. So terrible for you haha
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    WINGS.
    I could eat like 50.
    Now I know 20 is like 1200 calories.

Breaks my little heart.
  • jess7386
    jess7386 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    booze of any kind. especially wine.
  • critelyn72
    critelyn72 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    pastas & soda
  • JuzDuIt
    JuzDuIt Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Wine. And martinis.
  • LJGettinSexy
    LJGettinSexy Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Food is my sin. I'm having a hard time not thinking about it all the time but not being able to eat every time I think about it.
  • bubbles1212
    bubbles1212 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Cookies, ice cream, pizza and any Mexican food :)