Accounting Credits/Debits Overage/Underage

Options
Hi All,

I am trying not to fall off track by applying one set of principles to a different equation but……..

Here is my question,: Can daily underage of calories (Credits ) or overage (Debits) be accounted for the next day

Example: yesterday I was over by 500 cal. Can I account for that by coming in today with a underage of 500 cal.

Replies

• TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    yes. you can keep track of your deficits daily, weekly, monthly, etc. the important thing is to make sure you are at a deficit.

eta: although I might not recommend going under by 500 calories on any particular day, but instead maybe 250 for two days. you don't want to create vicious cycles of undereating and subsequently binging.
  • britzzie
    britzzie Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Short answer: Yes.

But it is important to come in as close to your goal as you can. I look at mine as a week (Monday-Sunday) snapshot. So if I have underage/overage early in the week, I can compensate later. Life happens, you know. But those debits/credits go away on Sunday. No carryforward past that timeframe for me. Too much to keep track of.
  • jvbrooks
    jvbrooks Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You can totally do that, but don't try to make it a habit.

ie, two days ago I was 500 under, yesterday I was 600 over. So I'm 100 over.

But you also have to remember your MFP goal already has a deficit in mind. Ie, if your goal is to lose 2 lbs a week, and you're 20 calories over every single day, you'll still lose weight.
  • ejortega
    ejortega Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your advice and feedback. As in life it sounds like moderation and occasional is the best application.

thanks again!!
  • ejortega
    ejortega Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    BTW you all are doing great with your goals!!! True mentors