Recalculating after 10 pound loss confusion

grravityman
grravityman Posts: 2 Member
Just lost another 10 pound but after recalculating for my weight loss it added another 180 kcal s to my diet it went from 2340 to 2520 shouldn't it have gone down 180 not up lol

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    yes...it goes down, not up..unless your activity level goes up. Did you change anything else in your settings?
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,762 Member
    Just lost another 10 pound but after recalculating for my weight loss it added another 180 kcal s to my diet it went from 2340 to 2520 shouldn't it have gone down 180 not up lol

Not if you want to feed your LBM.. As you get closer to goal you should be adding in more cals. weight loss slows but it is getting you to where you are at the level you need to eat at for maintenance. The idea isn't to "diet" forever. It is to get to a level you want to be at and stay there. Feeding your LBM.
  • LJGettinSexy
    LJGettinSexy Posts: 223 Member

Not if you want to feed your LBM.. As you get closer to goal you should be adding in more cals. weight loss slows but it is getting you to where you are at the level you need to eat at for maintenance. The idea isn't to "diet" forever. It is to get to a level you want to be at and stay there. Feeding your LBM.

What's LBM?
  • ColleenRoss50
    ColleenRoss50 Posts: 199 Member

MFP will recalculate your calorie goal based on the information you have entered in your diet/fitness profile. You are correct in assuming that your calorie goal should have gone down (not up) if you have lost weight. The only reasons I can think of that it would have gone up instead of down would be if you made some changes to your settings in your diet/fitness profile, or if the 2340 goal that was in there was a custom goal that you had previously entered manually.
  • ColleenRoss50
    ColleenRoss50 Posts: 199 Member
    What's LBM?

LBM (lean body mass) is everything in your body other than fat ie. organs, blood, bones, muscle, skin, water, waste, etc.
  • LJGettinSexy
    LJGettinSexy Posts: 223 Member
    What's LBM?

LBM (lean body mass) is everything in your body other than fat ie. organs, blood, bones, muscle, skin, water, waste, etc.

Thanks, you've made things clearer for me too. I was also wondering why the calories go up instead of down when they make adjustments.
  • grravityman
    grravityman Posts: 2 Member
    Cheers for the responses guys, I've checked my setting and it does say active but I have not changed it, I still have about 8 stone to lose so I don't think it's the L.B.M thing, surely it still should of reduced my calories not raised them it's very odd, the only thing that is different is that I put a goal of 45 mins of exercise 4 days a week which is still the same, but I have actually been doing mostly 3 to 4 hours 7 days a week sometimes twice a day with the odd exception where I feel I need a rest but I have added all the exercise I have been doing but that just gives me negative calories which is my incentive surely this would not be the reason ?