BodyMedia and ANT+ for iPhone

Options
Hi there!

I was wondering if anyone who owned a BodyMedia has tried using the Gramin ANT+ for iPhone and one of Garmin's HRM has tried linking it up with their BodyMedia to be able to import their HR during their work outs?

I am looking at getting a Garmin HRM monitor with the ANT+ for iPhone as I don't want to shell out $300+ dollars for one of Garmin's watches that goes with their HRM unless I absolutely have to.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• xapril77x
    xapril77x Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same... Thx 4 posting...
  • StephannieL
    StephannieL Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Apparently the ANT+ for iPhone DOES NOT work with BodyMedia. Ugh!
    Guess I need to think of a Plan B. LOL
  • mreeves261
    mreeves261 Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Garmin ANT+ ONLY works with Garmin Fit and Digifit apps. I have it, works great with Garmin Fit. Doesn't work for crap wit Digifit Apps and that company doesn't seem to care even though they charge $8+ to use the ANT+ technology.

Wahoo makes ANT+ that works with a lot more apps. I'm not sure if they work with Body Media or not.

I would also look into Bluetooth connectivity. They are trying to phase out ANT+ (at least that is my understanding) due to Bluetooth working better. Garmin and Polar both have Bluetooth HR straps.
  • mab33
    mab33 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I want the Garmin Swim, but it doesn't work with the HRM. I'm leaning towards getting a Polar FT4 for swims and logging cals burned manually into BodyMedia.