Midnight run - food and sleep prep?

Options
I'm running in a midnight run (8 miles) in Philly Saturday night - would love any advice on food and sleep prep to be at my best at midnight!

Replies

• CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    It's really hard to give any advice not knowing what time of day your currently run, what you eat, what time you go to bed, etc.

I would probably eat something light 2 to 3 hours before and then do the run/race. I would replicate something that I've already done in training so as not to introduce anything new.
  • ze_hombre
    ze_hombre Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I did a midnight 5k run a few weeks ago. I didn't do anything special for it, mainly because the distance is fairly short (my short runs are normally 5 miles). I PR'ed in the race by a full minute and a half (in fairness I hadn't run a 5k race in a long time). I did take a nap earlier in the day but that is my normal routine on Saturday's. Like Carson says, stick with what you know and you'll be fine.
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    i have no advice whatsoever, but it sounds like FUN!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Have fun. Don't trip in the dark!

I would say since it's only at midnight, just make sure you get a full night of sleep ahead of time. And eat the same amount of time before you'd normally eat when you run.