30lbs lost in 4 months

Options
Hey my names claire.. I am 18 and have a son... before I got pregnant I was 168 and 5'7... ideal weight.. (: size 7-9 The day my son was born I weighed 183... he was born at 25 weeks.. after that I just kept gaining and gaining. I started my weight loss journey at 235... the 1st of may. It has been 4 months and im down to 205... my 1st goal is 199 2nd 183 and final 168 Feel free to add me (: Report Post Quote ReplyReply

Replies

• uncharted01
    uncharted01 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    that's awesome progess! you look so skinny in your profile picture! good luck with your journey - i'll be following your progress :smile:
  • cudders121
    Options
    you look great ! 30+ lbs in the next 4 months is my goal and now i have the confidence and proof from you that it can be done :) good luck on your journey !
  • nanci35
    Options
    Hi Clare my name is Nanci. I was to first congrat you for losing the weight. I know how hard it is to lose weight after having kids. I have 3 kids also. On and off I started working out and made it from 247 to 187. What are your fitness/ weight loss goal? How is your nutrition?
  • Christie1Pearl
    Options
    Congrats!!!! Keep up the amazing work! Wishing you continued success!!! Cheers!
  • lucystacy71
    lucystacy71 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look wonderful and you're doing great so far. I also started out at 235lbs, and I'm hoping to hit 199lbs by New Year's.
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    That's awesome Claire and takes a lot of work. I dropped my first thirty in just under 4 months. My step son said "you look better but, that's not a lot". Then I made him carry around a 30 lb dumbbell for as long as he could. He lasted 7 minutes. lol
  • angel2783
    angel2783 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight lost. I had my son in Feb. 2012 and my weight has been up and down before and after pregnancy. This year I finally convinced myself that it was time to do something about my weight not just for being a smaller size, but most importantly to prevent health issues (diabetes, high blood pressure, heart problems) run in my family. I started out at 191 in June and I'm at 165 now; my goal is to get to 149, but my ideal weight is 145. Good Luck to your future success.
  • spaceyplum
    spaceyplum Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You look awesome girl... keep up the great work! :smile:
  • elena0
    Options
    Great job!! my goal is to get to 135-140lbs, my weight before kids, now blah so need to get back on track. I know what it's like to be up and down in weight. it's hard but you can do it! you've done good so far keep it up you'll reach your goal
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    How is your son doing? Its not easy to be the parent of a preemie... My oldest son, now 14, was a twenty eight week delivery... I know what it can do to a family. I went from 250ish back up over 350 within two years from stress eating. Hope you are well... I'm Lew, married, dad of two soon to be three... Been here for 14 months and I'm down 185... Anyone is welcome to add me.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you look great, keep up the good work :)
  • esha1234
    esha1234 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey Congrats.. I am also at 235 ..started my journey 4 days back..eating healthly doing cardio... hope to see myself 30 lbs less by chirstamas..
  • claire3083
    Options
    Thanks everyone... remember working out helps but its mainly about what u stick in your mouth!!! If it touches your lips it goes to your hips....Ii have had amazing progress so far but it deff has not been easy... I cant cheat on my diet and I had to stop lying to myself!! Yall can all do this (:
  • claire3083
    Options
    Hey Congrats.. I am also at 235 ..started my journey 4 days back..eating healthly doing cardio... hope to see myself 30 lbs less by chirstamas..

I'm not sure 30lbs in 3 months is attainable... but props to you for trying (: if you put your heart and dedication Into it.. hopefully u can reach that goal.. my experience is not to place goals for certain dates or time frames. Because then if you failed to reach that goal by whenever u wanted too.. it brings down confidence and you are more likely to stop trying
  • claire3083
    Options
    How is your son doing? Its not easy to be the parent of a preemie... My oldest son, now 14, was a twenty eight week delivery... I know what it can do to a family. I went from 250ish back up over 350 within two years from stress eating. Hope you are well... I'm Lew, married, dad of two soon to be three... Been here for 14 months and I'm down 185... Anyone is welcome to add me.

1st let me congratulate u... wow that is a great amount of weight to loose. Whats your secret :p
    my son has cerebral palsy. It effects his muscles not mental though (: he can not sit up usassisted crawl stand or walk unassisted but mentally he is right on track if not more developed