My progress in 8 months with pics

Options
I had given up on losing weight as I had lost so many pounds over my lifetime and eventually gained them back. I would lay in bed at night and get motivated to do something the next day and wake up and say forget it. Nothing I did would motivate me. Then one day it clicked so I started and lost 5 pounds and then a friend of mine introduced me to Fitness Pal. It has been a life saver for me. As of today I have lost 50 pounds. Here is a before and after picture: 3f28f2e4-1330-4ed2-9d6d-2a3b939147ba_zpsf5afdcfa.jpg and just an after picture. I am proud of my progress. I have 2 more pounds to lose to get to my goal. I started at 192 - I am 5' 4" and today I am 142. My original goal was to get to 145 because it was 5 pounds lower than what I had ever been in my adult life when I started gaining weight but then decided to go to 140. My dream is to get to 135 because that is the weight I was when I got married so after I see 140 I may just try to do 5 more. pamampmark0951_zpsf83a8e16.jpg

Replies

• BobcatGirl110
    BobcatGirl110 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    You look amazingly happy...and for the record that is a beautiful picture of you! Congrats on your hard work!!!
  • caroluherek
    caroluherek Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    you look great! keep up the good work.
  • SandyeeCorn
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing! And thank you for sharing. Your triumph is inspiring.......
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    Look at that beautiful smile on your face. You earned it too. You look great.

I am in a similar boat, I want to get to 144 because I was there during my menopause phase and felt strong and had great endurance. I was regularly walking 8-10 mile trails in the Rockies, it was great.

Then I gained back most of what I had lost and would make all these plans to lose it, but didn't follow through, now I have MFP and I am losing it slowly but surely.

Go for that 135, you can do this!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    so awesome!
  • Regan45
    Regan45 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • PamGeirng
    PamGeirng Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Look at that beautiful smile on your face. You earned it too. You look great.

I am in a similar boat, I want to get to 144 because I was there during my menopause phase and felt strong and had great endurance. I was regularly walking 8-10 mile trails in the Rockies, it was great.

Then I gained back most of what I had lost and would make all these plans to lose it, but didn't follow through, now I have MFP and I am losing it slowly but surely.

Go for that 135, you can do this!
    what made you quit walking 8 to 10 miles? I know that this time around I cant give up on exercise. I think that is why we are both doing this again. I know I also cant go back to bad eating either. Good luck to you and I know you can do this again too!
  • PamGeirng
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the encouragement! I feel amazing for the most part. Have to retrain the way I see myself. For the most part I think I am doing ok in that area.
  • PudgyQ
    PudgyQ Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Wow, this was incentive for me. I started at 184 when I finally stepped on scales, too afraid to do it before.
    I was working out lots but then felt I could eat more....and now I joined MFP and been tracking, really made me see how much I was eating. I want to get to 136lbs, I was that weight before my divorce and was that weight for a long time! So I am aiming for 140lbs and see where I go from there. Mine is so slow, I am 52 next week and I am only doing 1lb per week. Not sure what I could do to up that number... any ideas?
  • Zhionsmom
    Zhionsmom Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You look amazing.. Congrats..
  • awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    beautiful!
  • PamGeirng
    Options
    Wow, this was incentive for me. I started at 184 when I finally stepped on scales, too afraid to do it before.
    I was working out lots but then felt I could eat more....and now I joined MFP and been tracking, really made me see how much I was eating. I want to get to 136lbs, I was that weight before my divorce and was that weight for a long time! So I am aiming for 140lbs and see where I go from there. Mine is so slow, I am 52 next week and I am only doing 1lb per week. Not sure what I could do to up that number... any ideas?
    I was at a plateau for the last few weeks and I read that someone else on Fitness Pal was on a plateau and the only thing they could do to get off was to drink a lot of extra water. I went from drinking 72 oz of water a day to 96 this week and lost 3 pounds in 6 days. I was shocked. Make sure you are drinking tons of water. It really does aid in weight loss.
  • Imcharmed
    Imcharmed Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Amazing, well done. You look fab.
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    You look FANTASTIC! Well done!
  • MMMendoza007
    MMMendoza007 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Great job! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • shahendrickson
    shahendrickson Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job Pam! You look great! :)
  • nielsonfam
    nielsonfam Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo -- look at you! Great job!
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!
  • cdcooper321
    cdcooper321 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! WTG!
  • DVaughan1975
    DVaughan1975 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Great work : ) You look beautiful and I love that shirt!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!