Starting over again

Options
I was on this site last year and lost weight, but this year I gained back most of it. I'm not thinking of my failure, I'm just getting a fresh start. Also it will be nice to have friends to help me though this journey again.

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you. Why do you think you gained it back? Was your weight loss diet too restrictive? Did you have a deficit so large that it was unsustainable? If you can pinpoint what failed the first time, it might help you sustain your changes longer this time.
  • Allie713
    Allie713 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! Im starting over again too, and for me, it's the summer, too much drinking of wine and beer!, which then leads to the late night eating, but I had fun doing it and I know I can lose the weight again, as I did it before! Keep strong and just know that you did it once you can do it again, but I agree with bcattoes, you should try to figure out why you gained the weight back and learn from it :)
  • LosingLaurensWay
    LosingLaurensWay Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Congrats on pick it back up, that's half the battle. I'll add you :) also anyone else feel free to add me.
  • Isona83
    Options
    Actually i was always skinny and never thought of it. But then one day i realized i was overweight borderline. And since then im trying to loose but no sucess..... And i am not a fan of excercise. But now as i said fresh start... :)
  • mielikkibz
    mielikkibz Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    you can do it, just think of it one day at a time, one step at a time.
  • LindaEmrys
    LindaEmrys Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    You reap what you sow -- keep that in mind. As long as you put effort into both weight loss and this community, the chances of failing are zero. Good luck and I believe in you! :)
  • regross77
    Options
    Hi!

I think gaining back has always been an issue for me as well - so I hear you!. However, it's great that you made the commitment to return and get on track! Start by giving yourself credit for that!! That will be the foundation for a new start!

MFP is new to me too, but I am always willing to be a helper where I can! Please do not feel like you have to go through this journey alone! From what I've seen here, you will have SO MANY people to help you through this!!

Second time is a charm!!
  • Isona83
    Options
    U said it right... Thanx
  • LynzeNichole
    Options
    Welcome back! I'm starting over as well. I'll add you :) Others can add me too, I'd love more support/motivation!
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I'm Lew. Married, dad of two soon to be three... Been on here 14 months and down 185. My diary is open to friends and I comment and log constantly... Anyone is welcome to add me.