confused about p90x HELP!!

xweerachceex
xweerachceex Posts: 85
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
hi al,
simple what is p90x?
how does it work?
how long is the workout?
how intence isit? (i am on level 2 of 30day shred and im finding that a bit hard)
how much isit?
who has used it and what results does it give?
is it easy to use?
is it easy to stick to?
thanx in advance if any1 responds

Rachael :flowerforyou:

Replies

• leofink
    leofink Posts: 13 Member
    Hi Rachael,

P90X is a workout system that combines resistance training with cardio training. It has 12 discs, one workout per disc, and has quite a bit of variety. The workouts are pretty intense, yes. There are things you can do to modify for yourself, such as only doing an exercise for a few reps, decreasing the weight, or just giving yourself a certain amount of time to do them. The workouts generally run about an hour or just a bit less, except yoga, which is an hour and a half.

Easy to use. Easy to stick to if you enjoy hard workouts. I had great weight loss results, and I held onto my muscle quite well in the year that it's taken me to lose my weight. It is technically a 90 day plan, but I just integrated the discs into my normal rotation of DVDs after awhile.

The plan is good for you to keep you motivated to push yourself and not stopping your exercising too early. Good variety. Everyone NEEDS resistance training! Oh, and you need to have a chinup bar or a band that you can attach to something high in order to mimic that movement. And you need some dumbbells.

Is it necessary? No. If money is a factor, you just don't need to shell out $120 to get good results. Invest in some weights. Adjustable dumbbells are a good start. Pick up the Women's Health Big Book of Exercises and make a workout from there that hits your whole body. Create a spreadsheet to track your progress.

It's a good system. Not a magic bullet like so many people seem to think.

Not sure if you can get it in Europe (not sure if it is available in that region)

Good luck!

Leo
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Leofink answered most of the questions, but I thought that I would add my own .02 cents for the question about if we've used it before...

I have used it many times. I started out back in 2007, and the first time I did it I dropped from 150 pounds to about 138 or so, from a size 12 to a size 8. The second time that I did it, I dropped to a very loose size 6 and 128 pounds (126 was my lowest, but I averaged 128 usually). I couldn't do pull-ups before I started. After the 90 days was over, I made a video of myself doing about 10 unassisted pull-ups. I was able to run faster, run longer distances without feeling out of breath, play sports for longer, etc...I was just in such awesome shape! I didn't "bulk" up cause like other women, I don't have the testosterone needed for that. Women will NOT bulk up by following the program "as is." :flowerforyou: To be quite honest, whenever I feel myself gaining weight or losing muscle strength, I fall back on P90X. That is what I am doing right now because I was a lazy bum for 2 months of the summer and gained weight back to what I am now which is 143. I want to be down to about 135 by Christmas (I lose slow cause I am at that "last 10 pounds" mark).

And if it is not available in Europe, you can contact a Beachbody coach. You can order it from them, and they can have it shipped to their house. Then they can turn around and ship it to your house. :happy: I would beware of copies being sold on ebay cause they are mostly fakes...and with all other kinds of fakes, the quality isn't as good as the original and if there's a real issue, you can't contact Beachbody and get something replaced.
  • leofink
    BE CAREFUL about buying DVD's from America if you are in Europe!

DVD Region lockouts are in place. And format lockouts. Our NTSC DVDs will not work on European PAL DVD players.

Lyadeia, you sounded as unbiased as you could for being a beachbody coach! :smile:
  • leofink
    BE CAREFUL about buying DVD's from America if you are in Europe!

DVD Region lockouts are in place. And format lockouts. Our NTSC DVDs will not work on European PAL DVD players.

Lyadeia, you sounded as unbiased as you could for being a beachbody coach! :smile:

I was groggy this morning. It would just be the Region restrictions that would keep you from playing it possibly. NTSC and PAL are TV formats and shouldn't have anything to do with it. In order to play a Region 1 DVD, you would have to import a Region 1 DVD player from North America. I am not sure if P90X DVD's have the Region set, but most professional DVD's do.

Again, good luck!
This discussion has been closed.