Need the mods to read this?

Options
Mouseanonymous802
Mouseanonymous802 Posts: 76
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
When there are threads that are very obviously pro ed or made by someone here with goals to continue their ed please check their profiles. The recent one has so many friends that state on their page that they are pro ana or pro Mia or here to continue anorexia and not recover and I think you need to remove them or direct them somewhere more helpful. It's not what this site is for.

Replies

• arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I agree.
  • lua_
    lua_ Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    They would just make another one and disguise it more. Someone who was obviously pro-ED/restricting added me the other day, I had to delete them as they were a trigger for my past habits. It's sad to see people are using a site devoted to health and fitness to fuel their eating disorders (I would have had a field day with this site, had it been around when I was restricting) but there's nothing mods can do apart from scroll through thousands of pro-ED accounts, delete, scroll, delete

I hope that many of those accounts on here are just following a crash diet, or have been looking through pro-ED sites and want to 'try it out' so they make an account here. A lot of them stop logging after a few weeks, so I hope they come to their senses. An eating disorder is a destructive, torturous mess of a mental illness, and the less pro-ED is encouraged, the better
  • Mouseanonymous802
    Options
    I would have had a field day too and the reason I want them off is because of how much it triggers me so I can't I imagine how much they must trigger recovering anorexics.
  • lua_
    Options
    I would have had a field day too and the reason I want them off is because of how much it triggers me so I can't I imagine how much they must trigger recovering anorexics.

Dealing with triggers is part of ED recovery. If I let myself, I could be triggered every time I turned on the TV or went on the internet. I do report every pro-ED account I see, but they'll never disappear. I'm not sure mods have the facilities to search every member and decide if they're pro-ED or not, especially since the smarter accounts keep their diary locked and their photos are usually of very thin, but not extremely thin, women/men. I usually spot a pro-ED account based on the username
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I had to unfriend a couple of people for similar reasons. I don't think they were "pro" ED, but their diaries and comments were bringing it all back to me as well. I felt bad about it because they probably could have used the guidance, but I have to stay away from that at this point....
  • Mouseanonymous802
    Options
    I am aware of that and I too am triggered by a lot but the triggers on here are much worse ad places like this should be a safe haven Where you won't find pro ed people around every corner.
  • lua_
    Options
    I had to unfriend a couple of people for similar reasons. I don't think they were "pro" ED, but their diaries and comments were bringing it all back to me as well. I felt bad about it because they probably could have used the guidance, but I have to stay away from that at this point....

Don't feel bad for not giving them any guidance, I have typed out messages only to delete before sending plenty of times. Why? Because eating disorders aren't built on logic. It's literally, as you may know, a disordered way of thinking. My heart goes out to everyone on here suffering with an ED, but I know that recovery doesn't come until you choose it. Either that, or you die
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    The mods do delete accounts for pro-ED behavior. But for every pro-ED user who posts about it there are dozens who don't, so they barely make a dent.
This discussion has been closed.