Hi! Looking for friends on here :D

Options
Hello! My names Carly, I've been using this app for just over a week now. Was using Calorie Counter on fatsecret before, and although I miss the barcode scanner, this site is much more user friendly and better looking, and I like the idea of adding on calorie allowance according to how much exercise you take! I'm not sure thats entirely working for me yet but I'll judge better in a month or so!

Really I just want to add some friends on here for support and weight loss chat as none of my real life friends want to hear it anymore! Lol. Looking for girls around my age (20s - early 30s) who are short like me (I'm 5' 3") and had a starting weight of around 200lbs (I was 198). I'm being specific here as from my experience its usually people who have the same kind of bodies that can really show the same sympathies and results, as well as the motivation and psychology of weight and weight loss that tend to be very similar :) So add me if you're like me and we can help each other hopefully!

I've lost just about a stone already (including water weight), since the 22nd of August, and hope to lose around another 13/14lbs by my birthday in the middle of November.

PS I love these forums :D So helpful and inspiring! So, thanks!

Replies

• OneGreatMarriage
    OneGreatMarriage Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I agree with you on the ease of this program . I too used the other and found this to be much better. Keep up the good work.
  • owengem
    owengem Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I think it's fine to want to add specific friends to your list who can share your statistics and understand your journey. But don't exclude the others. There are people on here who have lost huge amounts and are insprirational. The people on here who have been doing this long term have so much advice to give that they are definitely an asset to any friends list.
    Good luck with everything x
  • SkinnyScripty
    Options
    You make a good point thanks! I'll def add people like that too, but I also want to find people on the same journey as I am atm, its these people I think are really hard to find :( x
  • danacriley
    Options
    Hey - check my page - i'm 5'3" also.
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I'm 22 years old, 5'3 and had a starting weight of 205lb :p
    Would be happy to support you!
  • squishyfishy
    Options
    Hi and good luck, I had the support of people of all shapes and sizes throughout my weightloss and it really helped.
  • Beebee78
    Beebee78 Posts: 703
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You will find so much support here on your journey. Good luck xxx
  • kitt7769
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP!

Feel free to add me as a friend. Its great to share what's going on and encouraging each other when we need it.
  • SkinnyScripty
    Options
    I wish we could "like" things on here like we can on Facebook, I would LIKE all of these replies! Thanks so much guys! :D Good luck everyone!

We can do it! x x