Music Suggestions, anyone?

Options
I am in dire need of music when I work out, and I love music I haven't heard often (or just new music in general.)
The stuff I have is sort of stale, and even Pandora is only getting me so far, since I can only put in music I already know.
Here's a good list of stuff that I can work out to, pretty well;
Lady gaga, Blaqk Audio, Marilyn Manson, Korn, Heidevolk, Tyr, PPK, Infected Mushroom, The Prodigy, Lords Of Acid, most DDR music, Covenant, VNV nation, Rammstein, White Zombie, Cascada, Katy Perry, powerman 5000, and stuff like "Pump Up The Jam."
Essentially anything that has a fast paced baseline and is extremely loud, catchy and/or repetitive.

Anyone able to give some bands or songs that I should look into?

Replies

• clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    hi there, okay so I listen to:

franz ferdinand, florence and the machine, the reverend horton heat, kings of leon, greenday, cramps, talking heads, killers, kaiser chiefs, airborne toxic event, b52s, dropkick murpheys, velvet underground,pulp,

got to sort out for certain tracks coz all try to 'prove' they can sing, well apart from the cramps of course;) enjoy - gonna check out some of your music love finding new to me stuff!
  • katkat987
    katkat987 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I love listening to system of a down when im working out.. kinda speeds me up a bit =)
  • PoiBoyBlue
    Options
    Holy crap, I love the talking heads but how could you get your body moving to them? XD
    You've got a good selection in there, but a lot of it is on my current "too stale to workout to" list.

I will however be looking up reverend Horton Heat, Pulp and Florence and the Machine
  • PoiBoyBlue
    Options
    I love listening to system of a down when im working out.. kinda speeds me up a bit =)

Ah, system is a band I'm getting more into, again, of late. I was burned out on them for a long while, but that is a great idea ;)
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I don't know how you could get sick of The Prodigy when there's so much to choose from! I have entire albums on my workout playlist. That being said, what about Pantera and Rage Against the Machine? Or Dope, Static X, Rob Zombie's super cheesy but the beat is usually good, Sevendust, and I even like some Queen while I'm working out.
  • PoiBoyBlue
    Options
    I don't know how you could get sick of The Prodigy when there's so much to choose from! I have entire albums on my workout playlist. That being said, what about Pantera and Rage Against the Machine? Or Dope, Static X, Rob Zombie's super cheesy but the beat is usually good, Sevendust, and I even like some Queen while I'm working out.

Haha, no. That's not what I meant. The list I gave is music I still have not gotten tired of XD
    As to the rest; Dope and Static X also gonne be looked up. The rest are ok once in awhile, but are mostly pretty close to the "**** why do I keep listening to this..." area. XD Rob Zombie especially, although he does managed to keep me interested if I've been listening to a lot of other stuf before he comes into the shuffle.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Linkin Park, Prince, Kesha, Rihanna, AC/DC, Violent Femmes, Beyonce, Black Eye Peas, Cascada, Christina Aguilera, Drowning Pool, Jamiroquai, OutKast, Sean Paul, Shakira
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    When I do my cardio or I am mt bike riding, I really like trance. It has a consistent beat that sets a really good pace. For something different, try Assemblage 23, Rammstein or Megahertz (for those brutal workout days), Basement Jaxx, Chemical Brothers, Crystal Method, Front Line Assembly, Ministry, NIN, Pendulum (especially if you are a Prodigy fan), Rob Zombie and Skinny Puppy.

Plus I am an old school punk fan so some of that is sprinkled in.
  • thenebean9
    Options
    MUSE is my favorite! They have some pretty epic songs for sure! Recently I've taken up listening to a bunch of my Zumba music - a lot of which isn't readily available to the general public, but you can find Pitbull on itunes - some of his stuff is pretty fun!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    yep, i've got cancer bats (awesome by the way), static x, slipknot, isis, pitbull (don't judge me :tongue: ) *****cat Dolls (just because they're hot and i'm not even a lesbian)...Rage Against the Machine, Against Me, Jock Jams, SpaceJam Soundtrack (haha I know), Fast and Furious soundtrack, the one song from supertroopers that's 5 minutes long (when the germans get pulled over for speeding, that's an awesome cardio song), uh....Rise Against, Disturbed, song addicted to base, song slip and slide (both drum n base), the song "there ain't no heaven"...and a pile of old school hip hop like humpty dance and wild thing (dun dun dun da dun, WILD THANG!) yeah i groove on the stairmaster lol
  • lilRicki
    Options
    yep, i've got cancer bats (awesome by the way), static x, slipknot, isis, pitbull (don't judge me :tongue: ) *****cat Dolls (just because they're hot and i'm not even a lesbian)...Rage Against the Machine, Against Me, Jock Jams, SpaceJam Soundtrack (haha I know), Fast and Furious soundtrack, the one song from supertroopers that's 5 minutes long (when the germans get pulled over for speeding, that's an awesome cardio song), uh....Rise Against, Disturbed, song addicted to base, song slip and slide (both drum n base), the song "there ain't no heaven"...and a pile of old school hip hop like humpty dance and wild thing (dun dun dun da dun, WILD THANG!) yeah i groove on the stairmaster lol
  • lilRicki
    Options
    When I do my cardio or I am mt bike riding, I really like trance. It has a consistent beat that sets a really good pace. For something different, try Assemblage 23, Rammstein or Megahertz (for those brutal workout days), Basement Jaxx, Chemical Brothers, Crystal Method, Front Line Assembly, Ministry, NIN, Pendulum (especially if you are a Prodigy fan), Rob Zombie and Skinny Puppy.

Plus I am an old school punk fan so some of that is sprinkled in.

ooo those are good ones, i also have some rancid, bad religion, pennywise, etc on my playlist...
  • alan79
    alan79 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Work out playlist for cardio/weights changes all the time for me:

Metal

Five finger death Punch
    Some clutch songs
    Cold
    Disturbed
    Godsmack
    Early Incubus
    L7
    Life of Agony
    The Bronx
    totalt javla morker
    rammstein
    36 Crazy fists
    Breed 77
    Black label society
    Hell Yeah
    Nothingface
    Dry Kill Logic
    Pitchshifter
    Otep
    Also always have a bit of power metal from Pantera in there!

Clasic stuff

Warrent
    Motley Crue
    W.A.S.P.

Punk/Hardcore

Sick of it all
    Agnostic Front
    Rancid
    Leatherface
    Reel big fish
    black flag
    cancerbats
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    Black Eyed Peas, *****cat Dolls, Britney Spears and Justin Bieber get me through my workouts :)

SW: 230 (01/10)
    Height: 5'4"
    CW: 150.2
    GW: 135
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    REPS! mag just listed 25 top songs to work out to...interesting suggestions

Enter Sandman - Metallica
    Organ Donor - DJ Shadow
    Victory - Puff Daddy et al
    Scenario - Tribe Called Quest
    Din Daa Daa - George Kranz
    Owner of a Lonely Heart - Yes
    Head Like a Hole - NIN
    Free - Vast
    Momma Said Knock You Out - LL Cool J
    Cloud Nine - Mongo Santamaria
    Soul Makossa - Manu Dibango
    More Human Than Human - White Zombie
    New Jack Hustler - Ice-T
    Conquest - Bill Conti
    Punks - Brand Nubian
    Mars: Bringer of War - Gustav Holst
    Night on Bald Mountain - Mussorgsky
    Magic Bird of Fire - Salsoul Orchestra
    O Fortuna - Carl Orff
    Epic - Faith No More
    Time 4 Sum Aksion - Redman
    Fight the Power - Public Enemy
    Ready for War - 50 cent
    Kashmir - Led Zeppelin
    and the top song...
    Superman Theme - John Williams

But this list is suspect if Du Hast by Rammstein is not listed.
  • nlibera
    nlibera Posts: 27
    Options
    Futurepop/EBM stuff off Metropolis the past five years has been consistently enjoyable to workout and dance to in the club and equally forgettable at times. Combichrist, Rotersand, Covenant, Modulate, Aesthetic Perfection.... etc. I do find some of it to be repeatitive but also good for endurance and keeping going.

Though if your ears can stand it, I'd recommend breakcore like Venetian Snares, Ebola, Duran Duran Duran, Cardopusher, Sickboy, Xanopticon, Otto Von Schirach, Terminal 11, Saskrotch. Very fast and ridiculous digital signal processing and percussion-laden mayhem. Whee!
  • Kristy1214
    Options
    Bumping so I can add at home... But for now I'll add Far East Movement to the list...Shakira is in a lot of my Zumba classes and I need to tag some songs when i'm there tonight, before or after class with the instructor so I can look them up later. :)
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    hi there, okay so I listen to:

franz ferdinand, florence and the machine, the reverend horton heat, kings of leon, greenday, cramps, talking heads, killers, kaiser chiefs, airborne toxic event, b52s, dropkick murpheys, velvet underground,pulp,

got to sort out for certain tracks coz all try to 'prove' they can sing, well apart from the cramps of course;) enjoy - gonna check out some of your music love finding new to me stuff!

Florence and Velvet :thumbs up:
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Futurepop/EBM stuff off Metropolis the past five years has been consistently enjoyable to workout and dance to in the club and equally forgettable at times. Combichrist, Rotersand, Covenant, Modulate, Aesthetic Perfection.... etc. I do find some of it to be repeatitive but also good for endurance and keeping going.

Though if your ears can stand it, I'd recommend breakcore like Venetian Snares, Ebola, Duran Duran Duran, Cardopusher, Sickboy, Xanopticon, Otto Von Schirach, Terminal 11, Saskrotch. Very fast and ridiculous digital signal processing and percussion-laden mayhem. Whee!

No dubstep?
  • nlibera
    nlibera Posts: 27
    Options
    No dubstep?
    Haha, actually I really dig more of the K-Dubstep or chilled out stuff like Joker, Rustie, iTAL tEK or Burial best of Dubstep, but I don't find it adrenaline-pumping for workouts. However the increasingly popular aggressive distorted bass wobble non-melodic "Brostep" is... stuff like Caspa, Excision, SPL, Rusko, etc I actually do find good for workouts. SPL's Hollow Point Recordings Podcast Vol 3 ( ) I've played several times when doing cardio. Whee.