How many calories in this smoothie?

Options
Hi all -

I've been trying a new smoothie every morning to help get some extra fruits and veggies and to eat something lower in calories but still keeps me sated. I found a recipe online but I tweeked it a bit to fit my liking, so I can't really calculate how many calories are in one of these things. I feel like what I put in MFP is too high for the foods I'm putting into the smoothie. Here is the recipe. All these ingredients make about 3 smoothies (about 12fl oz each):

1 x large cucumber, peeled
1 x cup fresh spinach
1 x cup fresh green seedless grapes
1 x small granny smith apple, cored and cut into chunks
1/2 x cup frozen blueberries
1/4 x cup frocen cranberries
1/2 x cup water

Is there a calculator out there I can use to calculate how many calories are in this? Or should I take the calories in all these ingredients and divide them by 3 since together they make 3 servings?

Replies

• buzzcockgirl
    buzzcockgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Use the recipe builder on here! Go to recipes, on the right, click 'enter new recipe' and you enter all your ingredients, enter the # of servings it makes (in this case, 3) and it does all the math for you! Then you can save it-- so you dont have to do it every time. My absolute FAVORITE feature here on MFP! I have about 25 of my own recipes (things I make/eat all the time) in my recipes. SO EASY!!
  • dennik15
    dennik15 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Use the recipe builder on here! Go to recipes, on the right, click 'enter new recipe' and you enter all your ingredients, enter the # of servings it makes (in this case, 3) and it does all the math for you! Then you can save it-- so you dont have to do it every time. My absolute feature here on MFP! I have about 25 of my own recipes (things I make/eat all the time) in my recipes. SO EASY!!

^^^This!

I did it just for fun and get about 116 per smoothie, that seems very reasonable to me given the ingredients you listed.
  • awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Go to "food" and then "recipes". You can put in all those ingredients and put that it serves 3. :smile:
  • megbee617
    megbee617 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    This is a great tool! Can't believe I haven't used it before! Thanks everyone!