My Fat History

Options
2»

Replies

• spirit0f61
    spirit0f61 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You hit so many 'notes' with my own journey to health and gives us all courage. Thanks
  • michelle0114
    Options
    You look amazing. Thank you so much for sharing your story.
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    That's incredible! You are truly an inspiration! Thanks a bunch for that.
  • georgesanchez7737
    Options
    well done, super courageous, I am doing it to be fit, but also to keep disease away w/o pills. thanks for sharing!! and congratulations!
  • Spreyton22K
    Spreyton22K Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Again, Thank you to all those that have taken the time to leave messages. I'm chuffed. I'm sitting here all the way over in Tasmania a little island under Australia (not trying to be facetious, but we get mixed up with Tanzania, alot):happy:

All of your kind wishes have really given me such a boost. To those who are struggling I am honored that my story may have had a positive impact. Everyone working to change their lives for the better are heroes/heroines.....change takes hard work, determination and patience.

Cheers To All
  • FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I can't thank you enough for sharing your story. Stories like this give me hope. Hope is something you never want to lose.... so THANK YOU.... and you look absolutely fabulous. :flowerforyou:
  • Possible_Infinity
    Options
    Amazing...
  • mou_254
    mou_254 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    u r an inspiration! thanku for sharing your story! :)
  • watercolorarteest
    Options
    Congrats on losing the weight, but buying a beautiful dress to reward the progress! Yours is a story of being an OVERCOMER! Truly inspirational!
  • cmsgrant
    cmsgrant Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! I am loving that dress....looks fabulous on you:happy:
  • Spreyton22K
    Spreyton22K Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Oh my I am really touched by the kind words.....!

I was REALLY nervous about putting me out there....never done anything like this before.....but the response has really given me such a boost. There are so many inspiring life stories at MFP.

Sometimes tho, I have read such sad stories; people feeling overwhelmed and defeated, maybe by obesity, ED demons, illness, lack of support, whatever. I thought maybe reading about someone in the 'older' age bracket who has some battle scars that come with life and is still pluggin' away might be of help.

I have fallen off my horse alot of times....I think I shot the buggers a couple a times too and changed rides!!!!!....

For me it was the getting back on (even if that took a while) that was important. Everyone is worth the effort.....we may arrive at different times thru different means but that doesn't really matter in the long run.

Thank you to all who have taken the time to read my story and reply!!!

Sorry for the time lag too.....other side of the world and all.
  • LittleSister
    LittleSister Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Thanks for inviting me to read this. It really helped me. I'm battling a few similar things you did originally (before the lupus diagnosis) - - I have fibromyalgia and I'm on heart meds that add to my weight. However, you've proven that transformation IS possible. You are awesome.
  • mommabiggirl
    Options
    Wow!!!! you do look amazing, what a transformation you have made. looking at your pics is really inspirational. I'm trying to get there and with my determination, I will be there soon.
  • lighteningjeanne855
    Options
    I'd like to add to all the praise on here:
    you are transformed! :flowerforyou:

I hope that the doctors can help control the lupus, soon.

Best wishes!
  • 120mustdo
    120mustdo Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You are a true inspiration to all of us, thankful that you cared enough to share your story. Best wishes to you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!