You'll never know unless you read me...

Options
Hi There,
My name is Scarlett and I am new to MFP. I am looking for likeminded friends who are motivated and who want to really use MFP for its purpose to lose the weight you hate and to learn to eat properly, exercise to get healthy and to make this a lasting way of life. I would like friends who are active on the site and log on everyday where possible, who will check my food diary and nudge me in the right direction if they see something that I could improve or something that I should avoid. I would like friends who will help me to research the best methods of weight loss and healthy eating and to share their experiences and knowledge. In return I will give the same back. I will post, reply and comment everyday to motivate you and I will give you a nudge or lend you an ear if you are having a bad day. I aim to blog once a week at least to share my stories and findings of what I might try or of simple delicious recipes. I don’t like to have a long friend list of people that I do not interact so be warned I might bug you ;)
I am 32 years old, I live near London, am married with 2 daughters and am training to teach History at Secondary School. I lost over a stone at the beginning of this year by working out hard mainly walking long distances, dvds like 30 day shred, using an exercise bike and an elliptical. I lost the weight fast by only eating 1200 cals a day and cutting down on fat and sugar. It worked great for the two weddings that I was originally losing the weight for. Over the summer however I over enjoyed the short British, unpredictable weather with BBq’s, Pimms, Vino and ice cream and what seemed like high teas most days at coffee mornings whilst the kids enjoyed the sun. My worst fears have taken root as I have put on 8lbs!!! I’m half undone! I am becoming a yoyo dieter. I watched my mother try every diet under the sun, Atkins, slimming world, weight watchers points, you name it she tried, lost weight then skyrocketed back to the plague of obesity. For the record I am not condemning these methods of diet, they are worthy of their success rates and they are like gold for many people, they just were never something mum could stick to and keep going. A little like me over the summer you might suggest. Mum is now waiting for a gastric band.
I have never been overweight, in fact I always the opposite until I got married, had my two girls and got comfortable. I know I do not have to end in this cliché and so am more determined than ever. If you feel that I can assist you or if you would like a friend to work with then do add me. I will be honest and helpful as much as I can be. I look forward to hearing from you.

Replies

• jaimie120
    jaimie120 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I look forward to the nudges and support. I'm there for you along your journey as well. Good luck and keep up the good work. And cut yourself some slack for the summer pounds; summer is short, enjoying it is important!
  • sealevels
    Options
    I'm motivational and supportive, and am not afraid to give constructive criticism when needed. I also like getting that too if I can am off track.

Feel free to add me. Just write something in the request.
  • shonnaatch
    shonnaatch Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I see my friend, Samya, is your avatar. Good choice. ;) If you haven't purchased any of her clothes...you should. They're the best.
  • timothydriver
    timothydriver Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Welcome Scarlet! I would be glad to help in anyway I can feel free to add me as a friend if you would like.