Suggestions?

Options
Hey Everyone,
I have been doing myfitnesspal for about 8 weeks and I have lost 7 pounds so far. I was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions of exercises I can do to help with the weight loss. I already eat really healthy, I allow one cheat food a week like pizza or something but besides that I don't eat any junk food. I run 2-3 miles a day but thats it. I have a gym membership but every time I go I only use the treadmill. I really hate using the weight machines (they're just so boring) so I was wondering if anyone had some good weight loss exercises I can add into my routine?
Thanks for the help!

Replies

• ladyoflb
    ladyoflb Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Try a circuit training routine. It will add weights to your workout but you won't get bored:) Or try a HIIT routine! I think both really help in speeding up results.
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    You pay for a gym membership just to use the treadmill?? Psh. Take advantage of the free weights! Get your money's worth. You can look into Stronglifts 5x5. All the information is free online.

If you want something to do at home, I recommend 30 Day Shred.
  • leannerae40
    leannerae40 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    There's so many...I think you should check with the employees at your gym and see if they can help you create a fun routine with weights that you won't find boring. You'll burn fat like crazy and feel like a million bucks...good luck!
  • NewGoalsInMind
    Options
    I would suggest you take advantage of the entire gym and the many weights & machines they have. Strength exercises help you lose weight as well....but also tones, tightens and works the muscles. I know personal trainers can be expensive, but have you considered taking a class? Yes, a single class can help big time. I had a personal trainer and she told me that if you have the will power to push yourself, you need to simply just know the workouts (which she would take me through on that 1 session & write down for me -to do when I came to the gym, of course). I then saved money and saw her when I felt I needed to change things up a bit! : )
  • lisacg1
    Options
    I like circuit training. It's 30 minutes, you can put your ear buds in and listen to music, and you're not doing just weights. Plus the calories you burn are far more with this than with just the treadmill or bicycle.
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    The other suggestions are all great... Depends on what you can enjoy! Keep changing up your exercises to keep them interesting and fun... Try rock climbing, swimming, P90X, Insanity, weight lifting, circuit training and fall in love with a few different ones or keep trying something new each week until you find something you enjoy... Then do it until you feel the urge to try something else.
  • Jleonra
    Options
    Strong Lifts or Starting Strength. You'll finds tons of documentation on both programs. And watch Youtube videos for proper form.
  • thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Does your gym offer classes?
  • carkerr2
    carkerr2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I never really realized that weights help shed fat, I thought they were more for toning. I think I will look into some circuit training!