Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Advise on running/ walking shoes?

Hi i figured this would be the perfect place to get advise on best shoes for running/ walking . I am now walking but working my way up to jogging and need a good shoe i wear nike reax run 5 just for everyday wear they are comfortable but alittle heavy and i have been dealing with issues with my foot. I was looking for recommendations on a good running shoe preferable a nike or new balance reasonable priced and with good support! thanks everyone :)

Replies

• CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Would suggest going to a running shoe store and let them fit you... they check your gate and foot strike and pull some different options for you to choose from..... Best of
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Best advice is to go to a local running store and get fitted. Wel worth the time and pric. What may be god for me may not be good for the next person.

Personally, I'd stay away from box stores like The Sports Authority.
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    It's a very individual choice. Go to a running store and get fitted by a professional. They will watch you walk/run, analyze your gait,c have you try on various options, watching you walk/run again, and help you make the best decision for you. It's really the best way to go.
  • engrdad
    engrdad Posts: 25 Member
    Sounds like everyone has given you the same advice... I listened to them and went to a "running store" yesterday. They did all the things that the other posters mentioned. Said I had a soft arch and that a good support shoe with Superfeet arch supports would work best. He brought out three pair: Mizuno, Brooks and Saucony

He suggested the Mizuno first and it felt good but seemed a little too roomy at the front. I have wider middle/back foot but more narrow front. Then tried the Brooks and didn't like them at all; the heel slipped up and down. Then I tried the Saucony and hit the jackpot. Felt perfect. I also had him bring out a pair of New Balance just to say I tried them but they did not compare to the Saucony Omni 12. So that's my story. However, yours may be different. Go to the experts and let them find your perfect pair.