anyone have good tips for losing weight??

Options
I don't have the tolerance for those fad diets that keep you eating just one or two things but I actually genuinely love healthy food, however I'm not losing weight like I want to so does anyone have any good advice for someone who's new to all this?

Replies

• hesse_v
    hesse_v Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Its all about the calorite counting!!!!

If what you put in is more than what your body burns, then your body gets heavier. If what you put in is LESS than what you burn, you will lose weight!
  • squishyfishy
    Options
    This will be perfect for you, its not faddy at all just encourages you to make healthy choices.

Good luck and welcome.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Eat healthy. Good combos of healthy fats, whole grains, fruits veggies lean protien ect and Move Exercise challange your body.80% if eating and 20% is exercise. Keep track of calories in and calories out. Make sure there is a deficit and that your not eating too little just as to make sure you dont eat too much
  • ruggie
    ruggie Posts: 26
    Options
    I think one of the most important things about weight loss is patience. We all want a quick fix-but the truth is, this is not easy and it cannot happen fast AND be successful! You have to make it a lifestyle change. If you change your eating habits then you will be able to keep the weight off. If you just wait until you get to a certain weight and then go back to eating the way you did before you started, the weight will come back on! The magic formula for weight loss is Calories VS Calories out. Take your time. Focus on finding new recipes, new exercises you enjoy. Stay within your calories and the weight WILL come off. Slow and steady! Enjoy the journey!!!!
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Exercise until you can't go anymore... then push yourself even further.
  • bandchick
    Options
    Claorie counting is the way to go. I know I love a lot of healthy food but I got bad habits from my work place and even they are starting to see that the bad habits for even them have to go. By me going back to calorie counting and exercising a little every day I found that I am starting to lose weight. Just make sure you are eating all the calories you are to have. I wasnt for a week and I lost only .2 lbs and when I started eating all my calories I lost 1.2 lbs the next week. It takes time to balance things out but in the long run it is worth it. You can eat just about anything as long as you portion yourself correctly.
  • strawberry123187
    Options
    thanks everyone :)
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Consistency
    Patience
    Control (don't let yourself get hungry so you lack it...always stay full!)
    and always stay moving!