Feeling in Control

Options
So, it was my hubby's Birthday last night and the in-laws were over for dinner. We had T-Bones, baked potatoes, corn, roasted vegetables, cake and pie! First of all, I said no to the baked potato and felt in power and in control. Then I only had about 3oz of the steak and corn and vegetables. I DID of course have the piece of home-made apple pie, but it was one and not two and I had the calories, so there was no guilt. Now, I understand not everyday is going to feel so in control, but it does feel really good when you have control over your eating and don't go into a binge to celebrate! I reminded myself to "splurge" not to BINGE!

Replies

• antredmond
    antredmond Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday to your hubby. I think this is a really cool post as it sounds like youre not obsessing with your food. I think if youre eating sensibly with lessor portions of food that this is the key and if you feel like a piece of pie you should have the pie. I have done just this, I used to have maybe 12+ bottles of beer during the week ( I am irish after all) but have drasticly cut down on this. However if i want a beer I will have just that but only 1. I think I actually appreciate food now and the one beer does taste so sweet. I have lost about 28 lbs in about 5 weeks by eating sensible and not binging.
  • sarahshak
    sarahshak Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder that obessing over eating one treat is way over the top and that moderation is always the key. I overserved myself this past weekend a bit one day, but jumped right back on the exercise and Cinch Shakes Monday morning and all is well.
  • saninmer
    Options
    28lbs is awesome!
  • antredmond
    antredmond Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Cheers honey, it has been mostly diet and cutting back on sweet thinks and fizzy drinks. I mean I am over 6'2" so I was able to carry a little weight but feel so much better for it now though. I think we will all get where we want to be with a bit of persistence but we must be allowed live too. I mean I will go drinking with friends ever few weeks or have a big family dinner as long as I go back to what has become normal to me it will all be good.

Good luck