Tight budget, which would you buy first?

Options
2»

Replies

• cstoney2013
    cstoney2013 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    You really don't even need a HRM....
  • TheRealOrson
    TheRealOrson Posts: 1,415 Member
    Options
    Mirin' birth date OP.

Halloween baby here too :D
  • boatyboat
    boatyboat Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    SHOES.

Lol...now help me decide between a new gym or another horse. I am really leaning towards a horse...
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    The shoes, the HRM is an optional extra "fitness toy" for most. Go get fitted at a running store then buy the same pair online if you're looking to save money
  • kganc001
    Options
    Shoes to prevent injuries. :) Also you don't want to get new shoes right before a race...you need to break them in. Otherwise you will be super uncomfortable.
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Shoes for sure
  • LindaGTaylor
    LindaGTaylor Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Having an HRM is a very useful tool in your fitness tool bag... But bad shoes will cause so much pain that you don't need in your healthy lifestyle. So my opinion is buy the shoes now and wait on the HRM.... I had to request my HRM for my B-Day in Oct too.

Enjoy your health and Birthday.... :drinker:
  • mimiteh35
    mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Shoes to prevent injuries. :) Also you don't want to get new shoes right before a race...you need to break them in. Otherwise you will be super uncomfortable.

Totally good point! Would be pointless to do all this only to do crappy at my first 5K! thanks! :)
  • mimiteh35
    Options
    Having an HRM is a very useful tool in your fitness tool bag... But bad shoes will cause so much pain that you don't need in your healthy lifestyle. So my opinion is buy the shoes now and wait on the HRM.... I had to request my HRM for my B-Day in Oct too.

Enjoy your health and Birthday.... :drinker:

Thanks! I actually found some shoes yesterday! :) I managed to find some Asics (older style) for $40 on sale. They were SO COMFORTABLE! I am definitely asking for a HRM for my bday!

Thanks! And you enjoy your Birthday too! :):drinker:
  • mimiteh35
    Options
    Mirin' birth date OP.

Halloween baby here too :D

Cool! Happy early birthday Halloween boy!
  • mimiteh35
    Options
    SHOES.

Lol...now help me decide between a new gym or another horse. I am really leaning towards a horse...

LOL, since I don't workout in a gym (yet), and I love horses (though don't own any) I say HORSE! ;)
  • mimiteh35
    Options
    UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE: It won't let me edit my original post for some reason, so I'm here to tell you all THANK YOU so much! You all brought up great points that I didn't even think about!

I found an "older model" (I don't know what they call them lol) ASICS that fit me great for $40 on sale. They feel AMAZING compared to my current older, super-worn-in shoes! I was hopping and jogging in those shoes in the store, lol. Tomorrow we will do week 3, day 1 of the couch to 5K program we're doing as a family and I CAN'T WAIT to do it in these shoes!

I appreciate all your responses, no one talked to me like I'm a dumbass with this question, and I truly appreciate it. People can be so rude sometimes, and you all rocked. Thanks!!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    The shoes, the HRM is an optional extra "fitness toy" for most. Go get fitted at a running store then buy the same pair online if you're looking to save money

Worst advice ever.......it is not OK to go and waste an employee's time receiving a service from which you benefit and then buy the item online to save a couple of $$. Support your local businesses (at least for the first pair), most running shops also offer free running clinics etc - there's more to value than a low price (Walmart mentality......)
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options

Totally good point! Would be pointless to do all this only to do crappy at my first 5K! thanks! :)

Also horrid, wrong advice. If your shoes fit properly they don't need to be broken in, they should be comfortable from the moment you put them on........
  • HotMamaByVday
    HotMamaByVday Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Shoes. :)
  • bnw1205
    bnw1205 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Shoes for sure!
  • zornig
    zornig Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Definitely shoes first!
  • PJ_73
    PJ_73 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    The trainers, for sure! When I first started using the gym many moons ago I had trainers that weren't ideal and was encouraged to get ones that were......best investment I could have made.

Get the trainers and have a great birthday!!
  • mimiteh35
    Options
    The trainers, for sure! When I first started using the gym many moons ago I had trainers that weren't ideal and was encouraged to get ones that were......best investment I could have made.

Get the trainers and have a great birthday!!

I ended up getting the shoes for sure! I can't wait to try them out on the first run tomorrow evening! (our run this weekend was postponed due to having to come in to work on my day off which threw my whole schedule off as I had things i Had to get done on my 1 day off, grr, lol). Anyway, looking forward to my first run in them! :)

Thanks for the birthday wishes, too! :)