Anyone else on Prednisone?

Options
I am on it just for seven days. I just started Monday. I had some major swelling in my face. I guess from a salivary gland infection? Anyways I have worked out the last two days while on it and I swear i sweat 10 times more!!!! Anyone else have this problem with it? Or anything else I should watch out for with it?

Replies

• ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Steroids dramatically increase you appetite! We prescribe this to our asthma kiddos and they end up gaining weight when their parents do not lock up the food. Lol! It's hard to say no when you know that they really are starving because the meds made them that way. I would just be careful and really try to stay within your calorie goal. A seven day burst shouldn'r affect you too badly though. Sorry about your face and I hope you feel better soon!
  • RunLove
    RunLove Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am on prednisone as well. I have been on it for 2 months now (I'm in the taper off phase). I find that I sweat more and I was very hungry in the beginning when I was on the full dose! Now that I'm on a lesser dose I don't have the hunger issues. If you are only on it for 7 days, I doubt you'll get any of the other terrible side effects. I have seen any of the other stuff that I read about.