Best Protein Powder Flavors/Brands?

Options
Topic should say 'tasiest'/best protein powder flavors/brands ;)

Going to purchase a new protein powder, but since I like to mix it as a smoothie, I kind of want it to be my 'dessert' for the day.

Any recommendations on a yummy Whey Protein brand/flavor? :) I'm open to other Proteins as well, ideally not Soy.

Has anyone tried the Cookies n Cream, Orange Creame or Cinnamon Bun flavors or are those not so good? :)

Replies

• jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I have ON's mocha frap flavor, tastes great!
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I think the GNC's AMP Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 in chocolate is pretty dang tasty. It's super tasty straight up with water. Also good with almond milk in shakes.
  • mzione904
    mzione904 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have the Body Fortress Whey Protein in Cookies n Cream each morning for breakfast. Mix with some unsweetened almond milk and it's pretty tasty to me. It meets my needs and I usually buy it at Walmart.
  • stephygetsfitt
    Options
    Awesome! Thank you so much for the suggestions! Excited to try some of these :)
  • Liftiteatit
    Options
    Cellucor by far! Compared to Cellucor ON is like sweet dirt. Coming from someone who has them both. Also sun warrior is really good.
  • Kr1ptonite
    Kr1ptonite Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Yeah Cellucor is amazing. Expecially Peanut Butter Marshmellow.
  • wishuponastar2014
    Options
    I use the chocolate-flavored powder from Body Fortress. You can get it either at Walmart or Kroger. I use one scoop plus one teaspoon of instant coffee and mix it with water. The coffee is supposed to help boost your metabolism (and it gives you a little caffeine).
  • 34blast
    34blast Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    MuscleMilk lite with vanilla

If you have a blender, you can add yogurt, banana, or other fruit if you like. I think it improves the taste.

Many of the brands I just can not tolerate
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Go to the health food store and purchase the flavor in 1 serving packets to try out before wasting money on the nasty tasting ones. I have had some so nasty all you can do is throw your money in the trash. Vitamin shoppe has some 1 serving packets to try of different flavors and brands.............hope you find what your looking for.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • dan_IRL
    dan_IRL Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Favorite protein powder: Tera's Whey (I mix it with plain unsweetened almond milk and use it with my cereal) http://www.teraswhey.com/our-products/organic-whey-en.html

My favorite meal replacement powder: Vega One (Blended with 8oz plain unsweetened almond milk, two handfuls baby spinach, one banana) drank as a smoothie
    http://myvega.com/product/vega-one-nutritional-shake/
  • romancefan1983
    romancefan1983 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I like Body Fortress Strawberry but my favorite, so far, is their vanilla flavor. Delicious!! This morning I added blackberries and pineapple chucks along with some water and ice. Best smoothie I've had in awhile!
  • dancer1178
    Options
    I'm currently using Vitamin Shoppe's Bodytech Whey Tech protein in Vanilla. I know that sounds a little bland but for what it is it's pretty decent tasting (kinda like Vanilla bean). Mixed with water it's 90 cal, 17g of protein. I like to add a half of a scoop to my greek yogurt smoothies.