Stronger, Better, Faster Fitness Challenge, July 15

Options
yoginimary
yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
There are four weeks left in our challenge! ARGH!

I better start shedding pounds soon :laugh:

All I did was walk yesterday. I just wasn't feeling up to doing much. Had a case of the blahs and was a little sore from the previous day. When I was coming home from the dentist and feeling extra blah, tired, and worn out, I saw someone running and thought, "how can she do that?". Then, of course, I realized she didn't feel the same way I did. Too much nitrous I guess.

Today, I'm going to the gym for elliptical and walking this afternoon. Going to stay within calories today as well.

Happy workouts!

Mary

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    There are four weeks left in our challenge! ARGH!

I better start shedding pounds soon :laugh:

All I did was walk yesterday. I just wasn't feeling up to doing much. Had a case of the blahs and was a little sore from the previous day. When I was coming home from the dentist and feeling extra blah, tired, and worn out, I saw someone running and thought, "how can she do that?". Then, of course, I realized she didn't feel the same way I did. Too much nitrous I guess.

Today, I'm going to the gym for elliptical and walking this afternoon. Going to stay within calories today as well.

Happy workouts!

Mary
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Morning all!

Mary, that was the nitrous talking, I'm pretty sure. I hate the dentist, so I don't envy you there.

Today is weights at the gym and spin class. Terrifically frustrated this week, as I want to get smaller and I'm just not. Either my scale is broken, or I keep retaining something to make me pop above the top of my goal weight range. (I'm buying a new battery for it today, but I still might throw it out the window, and probably should). I'm wondering if I should take a week and force myself to eat at maintenance levels, or start zig-zagging my calories, or buy a wardrobe full of stretchy pants. *sigh*

Whooo. . .that was pretty negative!

Anyway, today is water, vits, weights and spinning (oh my) I also have a meeting with my advisor, so that should count for extra "nerves racked" calories.:wink:

Happy workouts to everyone!:flowerforyou:
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    Good afternoon ladies! I did Turbo Jam Cardio Party again. I'm liking it so far. I also mowed the yard and washed my truck. Headed out for a bike ride after lunch.

Everyone have a great day!:flowerforyou:
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    I did so good today with my HRM!! I am so proud!! First I did 7mins on the stationary bike (i know not much) with that I burned 74cals.. Then I went for a bike ride towing my kids that lasted 13mins. I burned 144cals!! Here on MFP it said I only burned 119, but I was actually burning more!! In a little bit here I plan on doing my taebo workout video! Cant wait to see how many cals I burn then!! Once Again I want to try and burn 1000cals a week!
  • natalie424
    natalie424 Posts: 320
    Options
    Hello Ladies...

Today I bought an HRM... so glad I did! Now I just have to get everything set up. It seems pretty easy.

Today's workout...
    -Stationary bike and weights
    -Walk in the evening

Enjoy your day!
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Sorry I missed yesterday. I had a symposium in Greensboro (2+ hours away) all day. Didn't get to workout but was on my feet all day helping host it, so plenty of calories burnt.

Today was an hour lower body and running. I felt lightheaded so I cut the run short of my 5 mile goal this week. Will try to make it up tomorrow with upper body.

MM, so sorry to hear your news. Prayers are with you...

Arianne :)
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Thank you Arianne for your prayers. Physically I am doing better, but emotionally I think I am still a mess. I am just trying not to dwell on it so I won't be crying all day. I know it will get better.
    Yesterday I was pretty active. I cleaned house for 90 minutes, Taebo for 45 min. roller blading for 15 minutes, and then last night we decided to rearrange the living room to better suit the fish tank lol. Today is not so good. I cleaned for an hour or so this morning and I still have some cleaning to do before therapists come over tonight to work with Alex. I went to a ladies lunch thing at church and it was a bunch of different finger foods. I don't know if I am going to even try to log my food. I may not have gone too far over but I have no idea what was in them, or even what some of it was. I guess today's kind of a waste eating and exercise wise. I don't think we will be getting roller blading in tonight either. I will try to eat a light dinner and get back on track tomorrow. This challenge has four weeks left and that's the amount of time that I want to lose 8 pounds if at all possible. So far the scale has not budged after a week of working my butt off and counting calories again and my clothes do not feel any looser. :ohwell: Maybe something will happen next week. I'm not giving up. I've seen it come off before and it will again. Sorry, rambling and venting. See you all tomorrow!
  • meme2018
    meme2018 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'm been MIA for a few days. I hurt my knee I haven't been able to workout. Today I'm going to try and walk on the treadmill and workout with weight arms only.:smile:

Pam