30 Day shred

Options
Hello Everyone,

I was wondering how i log in my 30 day shred session?

K x

Replies

• izahaira
    izahaira Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I put it as cardio and record the calories burned as shown by my HRM.
  • onandoff
    onandoff Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    You can put it as circuit training.
  • maryjaquiss
    maryjaquiss Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    In my experience, I burn fewer calories than MFP gives you for circuit training by about 50 calories, so don't treat it as gospel and don't eat them all back if you're on quite a small deficit.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Got this formula in one of the forums but its a good one to have:
    This was for working out how many calories you burn when doing circuit training/30 day shred

Multiply 3.267 x your weight (lbs) and that is how many calories burned in an hour.

30 Day Shred = 27 mins -: divide above figure by 3 since the warm up and cool down are considered exercise but not intense. I get only 153 calories burned but if I log MFPs circuit training cal burn on here its over 212!
    Quite a difference!

OR just multiply your weight by 1.089 (3.267/3 = 1.089). It would give you the same thing

Just create your own exercise '30 day Shred level 1' e.g and input the calories you've calculated so you have that in your database for further entries :)

ps I'm on day 16, level 2..am loving it and seeing results already :-D
  • estey89
    estey89 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    150-200 depending on your weight, the weights you're using and if you're 'phoning it in'

I always matched it with 30 mins cardio. That way youre burning about 4-500
  • chelseagirlfl
    chelseagirlfl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    do you do the 30 day shred for 30 days straight?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    do you do the 30 day shred for 30 days straight?

yep :) well, apart from 1 rest day every week.
  • chelseagirlfl
    chelseagirlfl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I just got the video workout..I'm going to try it out..any advice?
  • PippiNe
    PippiNe Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You don't have to do it every day of the week. I did it and took about 6.5 weeks to complete the video. I still saw amazing results (over 3" off hips, 1 1/2" off waist 2" off thighs and around 15 lbs lost.) The main thing is to eat at the deficit MFP sets up for you. If you don't do that, you won't see the results you want. 30DS does not burn enough calories to create your desired body without dieting. But if you combine the two (diet and 30DS) you should see awesome results!
  • bananasyousay
    Options
    Cardio or circuit training. But keep in mind that MFP often overestimates calorie burn by a little so only eat back some exercise calories.
  • Khamara_01
    Khamara_01 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) thats super helpful xx
  • RedRita32
    RedRita32 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Under circuit training!!
  • Richa_S
    Richa_S Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    under circuit training!
  • JB5349
    JB5349 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Sonj1973
    Sonj1973 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Its an awesome workout, I must confess still yet to complete the 30 days as I've took on jogging and swimming as a daily regime but if I miss a day I sometimes throw in a workout with Jillian and I always feel it the next day....A great dvd :)

and in answer to your question....I burn around 187 calories per workout ;p Have fun and good luck!
  • Khamara_01
    Khamara_01 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Fantastic im starting it tomorrow :) ill keep you posted on my progress :)
  • Andrea1877
    Andrea1877 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You don't have to do it every day of the week. I did it and took about 6.5 weeks to complete the video. I still saw amazing results (over 3" off hips, 1 1/2" off waist 2" off thighs and around 15 lbs lost.) The main thing is to eat at the deficit MFP sets up for you. If you don't do that, you won't see the results you want. 30DS does not burn enough calories to create your desired body without dieting. But if you combine the two (diet and 30DS) you should see awesome results!

I've been on MFP for 2 weeks, my first time ever trying to lose weight. Above you say "The main thing is to eat at the deficit MFP sets up for you". Does that mean I should eat the 1200 calories that MFP set for me for my daily calories or do you mean to eat under the 1200 calories?(deficit?) I plan on buying the 30 Day Shred video and I want to be sure I'm doing it correctly. Sorry for the "newby" question. Thank you :smile:
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options

I've been on MFP for 2 weeks, my first time ever trying to lose weight. Above you say "The main thing is to eat at the deficit MFP sets up for you". Does that mean I should eat the 1200 calories that MFP set for me for my daily calories or do you mean to eat under the 1200 calories?(deficit?) I plan on buying the 30 Day Shred video and I want to be sure I'm doing it correctly. Sorry for the "newby" question. Thank you :smile:

The way MFP is designed is that you eat the 1200 calories they give you (which, in my opinion, is too low. TDEE method is better....do a search on it) and then eat back the calories you earn from exercising.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Its an awesome workout, I must confess still yet to complete the 30 days as I've took on jogging and swimming as a daily regime but if I miss a day I sometimes throw in a workout with Jillian and I always feel it the next day....A great dvd :)

and in answer to your question....I burn around 187 calories per workout ;p Have fun and good luck!

Agree with this.

I did my first round and logged about 230 calories but didn't eat them all back. I only took 3 days off...because I had to...son flipped his car and laying sod...

I lost 3lbs, 9 inches

2nd round I was using a food scale...lost 5lbs and 4 more inches...it's a great workout but do plan on upping your weights as you progress...I started with 3lb and quickly went to 5lb and could have done the 10lb easy enough on my 2nd round...
  • quiltchickie
    quiltchickie Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for this great thread. I bought this dvd, and now I'm more excited than ever to start it.