How to lose the last 10 lbs

Options
Hey! I just started using this program hoping to lose the last 10 lbs (125-->115). Actually what I really want to lose is some inches around my waist and thighs. I think the weight will just come off naturally if I'm losing inches.

I lost 35 lbs just by jogging, but I can't lose any more. It's very frustrating. I know my problem is that I love food too much. I have tried NutriSystem (which helped me lose about 5 lbs) but I got so sick of the food. What should I do? Any suggestion would be helpful!

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Add strength training into your program and maybe substitute High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) for one of your running days per week. Google HIIT to see what it is all about.

You can also try a program like P90X or Insanity, either of these should do the trick provided you are staying within your caloric limit on MFP.
  • nikki91950
    Options
    if you start weight training, your muscles will tone up. it'll be a good change in your routine and the shock might be enough for your system to start burning fat again.
  • nikki91950
    Options
    you can also try eating a little bit more. you could be in starvation mode.
  • bluebaby079
    Options
    I was having the same trouble (losing the last 10 pounds); what worked for me was my portion control. I was eating very healthy, but my portions were too big. I cut back to the portion sizes that is actually recommended we eat and increased my water intake and the last 10+ pounds came off (with exercise) in 10 weeks. Good Luck!
  • PANGiE
    PANGiE Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    it sounds like you are ready to change your food -- completely! its the only way to loose weight, and be healthy for good!
    no white bread or pastas, lots of fruit and veggies, ground chicken or turkey instead of beef. what i like to do is make a huge pot of ...say, spaghetti and a veggie. then i portion the whole thing into little meals for me and my husband for the week. it really helps us not to over eat! Eating healthy doesnt have to suck! i love the lifestyle change , and i feel soooo much better everyday!
    Good luck on the last 10 pounds :happy:
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    This site is about eating foods that you can eat for the rest of your life. I am glad you are here--Nutrisystem is pre-packaged--which is why you got tired of it.
    During your last 5-10 lb weight loss, you can learn proper carb/protien/fat proportions. My body works best at about 55% carbs, 20% protien, and 25% fat, with saturated fat kept at about 15g or less. BUT... each person is different.
    Primarily, drink lots of good, simple water, reduce your sodium intake, limit fats, eat mostly fibrous foods: fruits. veggies, unrefined carbs (brown rice, beans, potatoes with skin, etc.)
    You can do this! ;):drinker: (water)
  • Bearjumps
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I will start adding weight training to my routine. I think my biggest problem is I've lost the motivation to lose weight. When I was 150 lbs I used to go to the gym 5 times a week, rain or shine. But now I work out probably 3 times a week and that's only from playing tennis. Also, I eat healthy during the weekdays, but once weekend comes I always go crazy. I get these junk food craves after I eat healthy for a few days and I usually end up eating back all the calories lost by working out/eating right. I just really need to make up my mind and stick to it. I need to seriously think about which one I want more: junk food or losing weight. I guess it's time to put some VS model pictures on my fridge for movitation. :)