I want friends to keep me accountable.

Options
Hi, my name is Celeste. I am 27 and a stay at home mom. I started my weight loss journey in July. I just recently found this site and I am super excited! I am 225 lbs and would like to get down to 150-160. I would also like to get to a point where I feel comfortable starting Insanity.

I grew up in the city. I married my husband 5 years ago and moved to the country. It was during the courtship that I really started putting on the weight. My husband grew up in a huge German family that loves to eat. Well I love to eat too, and so I did! My husband took a picture of me back in May and I was mortified! He thought I looked beautiful, and I could hardly recognize myself! I knew something had to change.

I am so excited to have found a site where I can find like-minded people! I am so determined to get this weight off and I hope I can find others that are just as determined!

Celeste

Replies

• stv1520
    stv1520 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    This site helps you stay accountable by putting everything you consume daily on it. But it works great. Good luck!
  • TammyBee
    TammyBee Posts: 178
    Options
    Welcome!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Celeste! You're welcome to friend me it you like. Good luck to you in reaching your goal!
  • Kippster
    Kippster Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Welcome, i'm fairly new too, i love mfp. By the sound of your determination i'm sure you'll succeed, you'll find alot of support here. Add me as a friend if you want and we can cheer each other along.:happy:
  • ccckwalk
    ccckwalk Posts: 262
    Options
    I am a stay at home momma too! I have been using this website for about 5 months now, I have ten pounds to my goal. I really have enjoyed the website. It has helped me understand food a little bit better, and also the way exercise and weight loss go hand. Also it has helped me stay on track, at the end of the day I know whether I can have some hot coco or dessert. Good luck in your journey!
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Send me a friend request and you can yell at me for when I slip in my eating habits!
  • andeeinevansville
    Options
    Hi and Welcome!
    Feel free to add me as a friend and we can support each other on our weight loss journey!
  • CherryJellybean
    CherryJellybean Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    WELCOME AND GOOD LUCK
    THIS SITE IS GREAT FOR MOTIVATION AND SUPPORT!
  • jbutterfly33
    jbutterfly33 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is definitely a journey.
  • candasewolff
    candasewolff Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Celeste,
    Sounds like you're determined. I went from 210 to 130 and felt amazing ! But the same thing happened to me I started gaining weight after the wedding and now having an office job had put me back up to 170. I'm just starting my journey to get back to 130 but most importantly, HEALTHY! If you want please feel free to add me as a friend
  • MaryMacAttack
    MaryMacAttack Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you Celeste! Logging everyday and having a group of friends to cheer you on will definitely help you stay accountable
  • mommajolynn
    mommajolynn Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'm about the same as you. I'm also a 27 year old stay at home mom. I have 2 wonderful children who keep me moving but not moving enough. I want to be able to go outside and play with them and not get beyond worn out. And I saw a pic of myself that made me want to just curl up in a ball and cry. I went to a friend's daughters birthday party and they posted pics on FB. I saw myself in the background and couldn't believe I had let myself get that far away from where I had gotten too. I had worked out so much and lost so much weight but then I got pregnant and just gained it all back.

stm3vfg0uqcs.jpg

So now I am working my butt off to lose all that I had put back on and hopefully not gaining it back every again. I am currently 211lbs and I want to get down to 150 lbs. Good job getting started!