Anyone up for a 30 lb challenge by Christmas?

Options
Hey All, I've never done this forum thing before but I need to start surrounding myself with more motivational people than my current friends who are very off and on with their dedication. I work out 4-5 times a week but have great difficulty with my portion control. So I'd like to put forth the 30 lb Christmas Challenge. High goal but I like to strive for high and if you achieve it amazing, if not, look at the success you had along the way. It's a win win. Who's with me?

Replies

• meganvnzl101
    meganvnzl101 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • Elbowsoar
    Options
    I'd be willing to do an 18 pound challenge by Christmas. I want to start putting on muscle after I take off 18 pounds of fat. I'm definitely down though!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    That's a pretty aggressive goal
  • kandiss1973
    Options
    im in
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    BE aggressive
    B
    E
    Aggressive.
  • sandyi26
    Options
    I am All in!! I have the oposite problem I get busy,work 10-12 hours some days and forget to eat because alone alot, then Hubby home and eat more. For sure need to exercise more but I am trying to get with it!! Promise to work hard and do this!!
  • MaiLinna
    MaiLinna Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    How many weeks til Christmas? Almost 14? That's more than 2lbs a week! Pretty sure that's not healthy. At least not for those of us with much lower goals.
  • Danicalifornia3
    Danicalifornia3 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am definitely willing to try it :)
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    How many weeks til Christmas? Almost 14? That's more than 2lbs a week! Pretty sure that's not healthy. At least not for those of us with much lower goals.

^Agreed

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.
  • khrystynehytron
    Options
    That would be great!!
  • kaseysospacey
    kaseysospacey Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Why not, set lofty goals as long as youre ok with just making progress :)
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Because I'd rather set goals I will work hard to complete. Setting goals I know I won't reach just makes me not want to work towards them. Setting goals that push you hard is one thing...setting ones you'll never attain is just setting you up for failure, especially when put in a group setting where others are comparing their success.
  • ecyor9
    ecyor9 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the 30lbs challenge :D
  • AprilMLowe
    AprilMLowe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I would like to try this goal ! Up 4 a challenge!
  • bublita
    Options
    I'm intrigued - what's the plan?
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

setting lofty weight goals can be bad news. if you have unrealistic expectations, you can get discouraged with the fact that you NEVER meet them. nothing like feeling like a failure.
  • BadKittie05
    BadKittie05 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    BE aggressive
    B
    E
    Aggressive.

HA! Love it!!

Oh, and count me in!! That will put me at a happy point just before my birthday!!
  • davewilliamadams
    Options
    Not sure if I can hit 30lbs. But I can give it a try. Let do it. :laugh:
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    i'll try for 5 lbs ;) hahaha. it took me 2 years to lose 10 lbs...and i keep gaining and losing the last 5 of those.
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I would love to hit goal by Christmas, but I thinj half that is attainable and certainly will try. :) It's nice to have a challenge to help wade through the festive bombardment of chocolate and pie. I'm hoping my metabolism is repaired enough to let me start losing, again.