my pants look ridiculous

Options
I am not ready to buy new clothes, yet. I think I am going to have to cave in though. My pants look absolutely like clown pants. I have darted the waists and safety pinned them to keep them on so the waist line is okay. The hips and legs and seat area are ridiculous at best. I was told today that it looks like I am wearing a parachute on my tail!!!!! LOL I may try to take them in a bit through the inseam/crotch area but it is going to take a lot to make them fit.

This is great news! I really wanted to wait until I dropped a good bit more weight before I had to start shopping. I guess I can go to Ross or somewhere cheap like that and pick up a couple of inexpensive pairs to get me by for a while longer. I do not want to buy things that I love though or I just might lose my motivation to continue. That probably sounds odd, but I am a major tightwad when it comes to spending money on me, myself and I. Wasting things really bothers me. My late grandparents would be so proud of that (they were very frugal people). Oh, I know! I can donate them when I am smaller. I will be smaller. No doubt about it!

I hope everyone is having a marvelous day! Me and my baggy britches are doing pretty good at the moment!

Replies

• kara2
    kara2 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Go to a thrift store in your area. Sometimes you can find quality clothes there. Congrats. What a great feeling. I have some shirts that are looking that way too. Keep it up.
  • becomingsara
    Options
    What an awesome problem to have!!! I can't wait till my pants look ridiculous too :)
    Good work! Keep it up!
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the clown pants! Great work! :flowerforyou:
  • icujohnson
    Options
    congrats! what a great feeling! wear the baggy pants with pride ( and then treat yourself!)
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I bought a couple pair of $10 jeans from the Dollar General to get me through a transition period. I'm not ready to buy a lot of new clothes yet but I knew it was time to get a couple of things when my 6 yo niece commented on my big pants!
  • futurerunner
    futurerunner Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    great job!! the problem I'm having is that my big pants are too big and the next size down is a little too small. I'm an inbetweener!!
    but as soon as you lose the clown pants for a smaller size, that's when people really start to notice your weight loss.

Keep up the good work!
  • Adusenka
    Adusenka Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! :) I'm soooo looking forward to having my own claun pants :):heart:
  • Mgilgour
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss!! I am very frugal too!! I was debating one time on buying a pair of jeans when I had the clown pants look going, and an accountant friend of mine said "if the jeans cost $20.00 and you wear them 30 times that is 66 cents per usage." Sooo I decided what the heck, I blow more than 66 cents most days, you could always donate them when they turn into clown pants to goodwill.
  • sandi50lock
    sandi50lock Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Good Job I would buy me a couple of pants and change shirts nobody will ever know
  • Beebee78
    Beebee78 Posts: 703
    Options
    Well done xxx
  • sgp329
    sgp329 Posts: 184
    Options
    Thanks everybody! I am grinning ear to ear!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I totally hear you!! The pants I wore yesterday I can still cinch up with a belt, but yes, they look ridiculous! I keep telling my husband, "I need new pants!"

And I am also with you on the not-buying-anything-I'll-get-attached-to-so-I-don't-lose-motivation-to-keep-going. I bought several pairs of pants last spring that I love, but they are getting a little big now, too! Really struggling with getting rid of pants that are barely 6 months old, and weren't cheap. Maybe I will just buy more and call them my "fat" pants. :laugh:

It's a great problem to have! Congrats to you!!
  • 1fitmama
    1fitmama Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Great job on the pants! I am having to buy some smaller sized pants. What a great feeling!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on ridiculous looking pants! :happy: That is a BIG accomplishment!

You are a total inspiration to me! My pants are starting to be baggy but don't look too silly yet and I see your updates on all of the healthy eating and exercising you are doing, and now these fabulous results, and I am inspired to step up my game!

Keep up the fabulous work! (And I recommend thrift stores for the in-between clothes - that way you are not shelling out much money AND you won't want to be stuck in someone else's old clothes for longer than you have to, so you'll be further motivated to lose more :wink: ).
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,427 Member
    Options
    Excellent job! Love the baggy pants feeling (but I don't love the baggy bra! and those aren't cheap or available at thrift stores!!). Keep up the good work you clown you.
  • sgp329
    Options
    Excellent job! Love the baggy pants feeling (but I don't love the baggy bra! and those aren't cheap or available at thrift stores!!). Keep up the good work you clown you.

Thusfar, my "girls" are holding their ground. LOL Maybe I can just pull my clown pants up and over em... :laugh:
  • zenzoes
    zenzoes Posts: 187
    Options
    That is awesome! I know the feeling. Clothes I started with absolutely do not fit after a 19 pound loss. It's crazy and so fricking motivating eh? Keep up the great work!
  • miss_amy
    miss_amy Posts: 351
    Options
    looks like many of us are at the same place! my pants are so big on me they're starting to fall down when i walk! lol! i'm definitely going shopping this weekend. hopefully i can find some deals cuz i don't want to spend that much either! i plan on going down at least 2-3 more sizes in this journey!
  • sgp329
    Options
    All joking aside... I literally danced my pants off in Zumba class! I was just a shakin' and then realized I felt a draft... cause my snake printed drawers were out for the many rows of classmates to see! I just jerked them back up and laughed and kept right on shakin'
  • lovelylor
    lovelylor Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    To have such a problem....GOOD FOR YOU!!!!
    Save your money and head to a second hand store or consignment shop and get some "transition" pants for that shrinking butt of your :) and keep up the good work.
    \L
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!