Searching for Motivation

Options
2»

Replies

• beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Thanks beachlover, I understand what you're saying. I just don't want to appear weak or like I can't do this. I'm determined to make changes.

You are welcome. There is absolutely no reason why you can not be one of the people who loses the weight. Just remember that you have to get up every day and just do it. Even when you don't want to.

One more piece of advice: I quit thinking about losing weight. Sounds crazy, but when I focused on my health - everything changed. I don't want to ever be a burden on my family. I want to live and be able to do everything I want to do! It makes me want to eat better, exercise more. I am 55, but I now lift weights and have started running. These are things that never crossed my mind 1 year ago. I feel awesome. That, in itself, keeps me going. Get a little traction and you will find that too.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Many years ago, a person told me that when I was ready to lose weight - I would. That person was right. I just didn't hear it until last year.

Quote for truth! Well said. I had the same Damascus Road experience myself.

I thought that person was so crazy at the time. I remember thinking - how is that helpful? That's the dumbest advice ever. I wish I was still in contact with that person to thank her. She was so wise.
  • melaniealbert1978
    Options
    Hello, Fell free to add me and we can motivate each other!!!
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I thought that person was so crazy at the time. I remember thinking - how is that helpful? That's the dumbest advice ever. I wish I was still in contact with that person to thank her. She was so wise.

Mine was my physician... and after he said what he did to me, the only that kept him breathing was the certain knowledge that I could not sneak his body out of building to dump it.