Dieting since 18 July - only lost 3lbs HELP!!!

2»

Replies

• Renaeaka
    Renaeaka Posts: 1 Member
    I hear your frustrations. Did you do a whole body detox before starting. I did one this time and it helped jump start my weight loss. I take a lot of prescriptions because I have high blood pressure and it will slow you weight loss. Just be patient. Remember everyday is a new day.:wink:
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Certain conditions and medications make weight lose slow but not impossible. It took me 3 years to lose 30 lbs but I did it and have at least that much to go. Don't give up. Keep up the good work.
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    I am in the UK as well and while fresh fruit and veg can be expensive it helps to shop around if you have time. Lidl and Aldi always have specials on fruit and veg while most markets will sell them off cheaper towards the end of the day. By going for frozen you are going for a good alternative, I have some frozen berries in the freezer for smoothies if needed or to defrost for use with Greek yogurt.

As to protein, there are many sources you can look at: I eat a lot of tinned mackerel at the moment which helps but if you are not into that sort of fish then apart from lean meats you can try:

Eggs, Tofu, Beans (such as soya & kidney beans), peanut butter, chickpeas and greek yogurt
  • My suggestion for eliminating white bread, and I'll admit it, I'm cheap and when I saw how much more low sodium bread and little choices that were available, I "borrowed" a friends breadmaker, and make my own low sodium whole wheat regularily. BTW there's nothing like fresh baked bread and if you buy bulk flour and yeast, it's pretty economical too. I was at a thrift shop a few days ago and they had oodles of used makers for cheap, looks like alot of people get them then don't use them. Only drawback is it's about 3-4 hrs from start to finish.