Outback Steakhouse

Options
its my birthday! woot woot! haha well im going to Outback tonight and i would usually get a 6oz steak with potato soup and mac and cheese before i started my new lifestyle. Tonight im going to get a 6 oz steak with steamed broccoli and green beans.. I was wondering if they put anything on their broccoli and green beans or do i need to ask for them plain? I dont want to consume toooo many calories at outback because the cake my family got me in a lot of calories. One small slice of the cake is almost 600 calories lol Also do you know how many calories my meal would be? thanks!

Replies

• spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Have you considered checking their website?
  • Reed286
    Options
    Have you considered checking their website?

Good idea! I didnt think of that..thanks!
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    They do have a nice nutrition info feature. And their "steamed broccoli" is mostly fat calories, so that's a good indication of butter/oil use in cooking. Happy birthday!
  • duckiec
    duckiec Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!

Outback has a nutrition calculator (http://www.outback.com/nutrition), and there are plenty of entries in the MFP database.

When I go, I always ask for no butter or additives to my veggies, just steamed please. The calculator, I assume, tallies the dish the way it's supposed to be served with no modifications, but I don't even like butter on veggies, and would prefer to save a few calories. I always put what the calculator says, though, I figure there's some inherent wiggle room and better to overestimate.

Enjoy!
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    I love outback, they have this 150 cal margarita that rocks my world.

anyway nutrition is here: http://www.outback.com/nutrition

I calculated your meal and it was only 417 which makes me sad considering it's your birthday. my recommendation is to go for the steak at 254 calories and the soup at 248 plus the green beans at 55 calories. 557 calories and I'm less sad. happy birthday!
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    They are really great about making any requested changes, such as not adding their special spice or steaming without using any butter or oils.

They also have a nice 500 calorie menu, Outback is my preference especially with my gluten free needs!
  • Reed286
    Options
    So when i order my veggies just ask for nothing to be added or just plain?
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I do know that the brocolli is steamed with butter (not sure what else is included) because my husband asked. He HATES vegetables so for him to LOVE their brocolli is a big deal (I too love their brocolli). If you have the calories available, enjoy your birthday dinner as is - the brocolli is still a healthier choice than the alternatives you have available.

Edit to add: Also if you go to their website, you can create your own menu and play around with it - it'll give you the total calories per dish/total meal based upon what condiments/toppings you add or delete.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    enjoy your birthday.. don't forget that bloomin onion!!