Need app that verbally warns me to maintain pace

Options
I've recently been using an app called Gipis to train for a half marathon (even though I could barely run 5ks in March, I can now run 8+ miles!) and now I'm addicted to having someone tell me immediately when I'm going too fast or too slow.

Unfortunately Gipis only does the training, I can't use it to just go for a run, so I'm looking for a different app that does that.

I've tried a few, and some of them update me every minute or 5 minutes, but Gipis used the GPS to verbally warn me immediately when I was going too fast or too slow which is great because then I did not have to wait a minute (or 5!) to hear that I've been going too fast or slow for the last 60 seconds.

Is there an app that offers that? RunKeeper does not. Map My Run does not. Closest thing I found was something called Pace Yourself but the reviews say it does not work.

Just a verbal "too slow" or "too fast" is all that's needed, don't really need a huge speech with current pace, average pace, distance, time, etc.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin watch that I can set to buzz if I am going too fast or too slow. I don't use the feature so I can't tell you how effective it is.
  • Weezoh
    Weezoh Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Runmeter might do that with the pro version http://abvio.com/runmeter/
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    Runmeter might do that with the pro version http://abvio.com/runmeter/

according to the page you linked to Runmeter does not offer that feature, it will only warn me at certain times or distances, which is what mapmyrun and runkeeper already do
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    anyone else?
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    need iphone not android
  • TMLPatrick
    TMLPatrick Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I was looking for something like this the other day... I use mapmyrun, but it is missing this feature.... :/
  • Anekumit
    Options
    Hey, I'm also using Gipis to do half marathon training and I love it as well. Supposedly in the next update or so they are adding more voice cues for your runs. But until then when I'm running something that isn't in my specific plan or switching days of my plan around(entered a 5k on a 2:30min run day so I switch my long run day) I use Runkeeper. It links with Gipis and will upload the workouts you do from it if you select that option. You can set it to inform you of your pace on command which is what I do. Feel free to add me as a friend on GiPiS as well as on here. I hope this reply helped.
  • DizzyLinds
    DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Run keeper!
  • nathalier71
    nathalier71 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Have you thought of emailing runkeeper or whatever other one you are using and mentioning that you would love this feature and that no one offers it - they just might listen to you and work on adding it in - if it's doable.

good luck!
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    decided to just have runkeeper or mapmyrun just tell me every minute what my pace is. Not exactly what I wanted but it's close enough
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Might be able to make Digifit do this.