SOS

Options
HELP! I am having a hard day! It all started last night when I went out with an old friend and had 4 miller lights. THEN I had a small crab cake and we split sweet potato fries. Well I don't go out much so those 4 miller lights pretty much made me feel like crap so when I got up at 4:45 to work out, I barely got thru my first set before being done. I ohnly burned 160 calories. Then I ate panera bread for breakfast with a pumpkin spice latte. ...I chalked it to hangover food.
THEN I brought my pot roast left overs for lunch. I did bring my running clothes and I am going after work, but I sitll feel like garbage so I dont know what good that is going to do me.
HELP! I feel like I am on a downard slope!

Drinking Peach De-tox to help me feel better but it burnt my tounge!

Replies

• foxylady8098
    Options
    Keep in mind, splurging every so often sometimes helps weight loss!
  • H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    We all have our bad days.... Today is another day :) Get runnin' & drinkin' lots of water..... Good luck!
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    HELP! I am having a hard day! It all started last night when I went out with an old friend and had 4 miller lights. THEN I had a small crab cake and we split sweet potato fries. Well I don't go out much so those 4 miller lights pretty much made me feel like crap so when I got up at 4:45 to work out, I barely got thru my first set before being done. I ohnly burned 160 calories. Then I ate panera bread for breakfast with a pumpkin spice latte. ...I chalked it to hangover food.
    THEN I brought my pot roast left overs for lunch. I did bring my running clothes and I am going after work, but I sitll feel like garbage so I dont know what good that is going to do me.
    HELP! I feel like I am on a downard slope!

Drinking Peach De-tox to help me feel better but it burnt my tounge!

Every so often, I too need a reminder of what drinking too much can do and the after effects. Here is my recommendation - drink lots of water to help the liver and kidneys detox your body today. Try to limit your exercise - because your body is really working hard to deal with what you did to it last night. Go to bed early tonight to help make up for the lack of "real" rest (not alcohol induced) that your body had to deal with. Then get up tomorrow and start over fresh. Make a mental/visual note of how you feel today, what you did last night, and the outcome of that, and keep that in a place you can access it readily for the next time you are out with your friends. You can remind yourself - wow that was really not good, so won't do that again - I will drink one beer, then a glass of water or a soda, and then after a while maybe drink a 2nd beer. I certainly won't have 4 because that just didn't feel good the next day.

Good luck.

Vickie
  • BK120
    BK120 Posts: 107
    Options
    Everyone has these days. You are not alone. Just put this behind you and focus on following your plan. Good luck!
  • cclmartin
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself. Just make sure tomorrow that you get back on track. Remeber when you go out be careful of what you are ordering, maybe eating before you go will help you maintain control.:flowerforyou:
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I've had the same experience a couple of Saturday mornings after one drink on Friday night, so I can only imagine how you are feeling after four!! You poor thing!

Keep doing what your doing - detox, water, back to your regular eating. You will be fine, I bet, by this afternoon. COMMIT to doing your run - even if you still feel like crap. Doing it half-way is better than not doing it at all. KUDOS to you for still getting up at 4:45 to work out! Again, something is better than nothing!
  • JennBennett410
    Options
    THANKS GUYS! I just chugged 16 ounces of water after reading this. BUT I am a teacher so I don't know what I am going ot do if I have to pee (my students are taking a math test so I can MFP)

I usually save my spluring for the weekends so I am upset with myself :(
  • MOUSELADY
    Options
    I think its ok to have a day of enjoyment, its not like you do it all the time. You have been with the site for a very long time, so you know how to pick yourself up, dust off and keep it movin!!!:happy: We still have to enjoy life on this weight loss journey. So, I dont think one day of hangin out will set you back to failure.
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Jenn,
    It's ok - we have to be able to live a little and know we can return to our healthy ways with the next meal. Like the others said drink lots of water and try to get in the bed early tonight - I know impossible with small kids and a house to keep up but even 15 or 30 minutes will make you feel like a million dollars tomorrow.

(((BIG HUGS)))
  • JennBennett410
    Options
    Well all I ran. I feel much better and now I am looking forward to a nice dinner with my family and quiet time on the couch with my husband after the boys go to sleep!
    THANKS for your help getting thru my day :)
  • junebug523
    Options
    Glad you turned your day around! I know how it can feel when things kind of start spiraling downhill. The most important thing to do when this happens is to recognize it (but don't beat yourself up about it), and move on. Start making better choices right away...and that's exactly what you did! Good for you!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Don't you just love hangovers! :laugh:

You are brave, I would never attempt any serious exercise after a wine night. A walk would be the max :bigsmile:

And yes, when you drink alcohol your body craves carbs like mad :noway:

I just usually drink lots and lots of water and say "never again" a few times!! :laugh:

Until the next time.................. :wink: