P90X??

Options
Hello everyone,

I am trying to really kick start not only eat well but a great exercise regimen.... My BF has given me his P90X to start..... I am not going to lie I am pretty intimidated. I have not been very active the past few months so I am looking for suggestions/help??

Thank you in advance for any insight/help/motivation

~Sara

Replies

• hnsr1021
    hnsr1021 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I haven't done the p90x but I have done Tony Horton's Power90 (kind of a preliminary p90x...) and I love it! It's a mixture of all different workouts and he reminds you all throughout, "You have pause button, use it if you need it." I say go for it! I've seen people have incredible results from doing it.
  • xeno8604
    xeno8604 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way u did when I started it myself. I have been doing it since February and have finished first round of the lean program and a second round of the classic program. Now I am doing a custom program, videos that I like. For P90X, I say do the whole video, if ya cant do it then keep moving, at first I couldn't do it all but I kept myself moving. It is hard but well worth it. In the first round I lost 40 lbs, then again I had alot to lose. Make sure you drink plenty of water because you will sweat. Any other questions feel free to add me or send me a message.
  • vorgas
    vorgas Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    No reason to be intimidated. If you can't do an exercise, just walk in place, or jog in place, or whatever. It's just a video. It can't see what you're doing :)
  • StrictlyPro
    Options
    There are much less grueling and time consuming ways to get results.
  • 812sara
    812sara Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    thanks for the advice!!!! feel free to add me! I try & help motivate others since I know it really helps!!!!
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    The three best suggestions I can give you are:

1) Watch the videos before trying to do them. It may look like a bit much - well, it is a bit much - but you'll have an idea of what's to come. Maybe even try getting into the positions and doing just a few reps - without weight or with very low weight - just so you get used to it a little.

2) Remember to eat. P90X can take a lot out of you - especially if you're not eating enough.

3) Remember that all of the people in the videos have already done the program - don't necessarily try to keep up, at least not at first. Do what you can do. If you need to pause or rewind the video so that you can get all your reps in, fine. Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about getting all the reps in. Keep track of what you did, and try to get more in next time, if you don't hit the rep number you're aiming for. Ultimately, you just want to improve over the three months you do it.
  • 812sara
    Options
    Which video do you recommend I start with? The kit I have has12 diff videos!
  • 812sara
    Options
    No reason to be intimidated. If you can't do an exercise, just walk in place, or jog in place, or whatever. It's just a video. It can't see what you're doing :)

hahahaha thanks
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Make sure you eat enough (minimum caloric intake based on the diet guide is 1800 cals/day), and push as hard as you can, it will get easier the more fit you become.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    You should have a schedule/manual. It should tell you how to start and which videos, depending upon which "version" of the P90X program you want to do.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Which video do you recommend I start with? The kit I have has12 diff videos!

follow the program as intended, use google to get the P90X schedule.
  • 812sara
    Options
    You should have a schedule/manual. It should tell you how to start and which videos, depending upon which "version" of the P90X program you want to do.

AHA! that manual isn't in the box..... I better find it :) thanks
  • jmdax
    jmdax Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    You can always logon to the beachbody website. They have a calendar program that allows you to automatically schedule your workouts depending on what program you're doing. Logon every day and see what the calendar tells you to do. Hope that helps if you can't find the manual.