24 year old female, trying to lose 80 + pounds

Options
My name is Ashley, I'm 24 years old and trying to lose around 80 pounds. I've been on MFP for over a year, I had a different page but once I fell off the wagon, I made a new page when I was ready to come back. I am looking for friends and support in the Chicago area or online, I know I can lose this weight but I am struggling to just stay on the wagon and stay active. - I've been told that I have a bubbly personality and I am a great supporter, as well as, listener. If you'd like to be friends, just send a request. :smile: :heart:

Replies

• roliepolieolie
    roliepolieolie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Sure! I'm trying to lose 50 in total, but i find it easier to go in 10 pound increments. Let's motivate each other!
  • InkedAngel_14
    InkedAngel_14 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    :smile: :heart:
  • ffaqid
    ffaqid Posts: 1
    Options
    I am a 27 year old trying to lose 80lbs as well and I say let's do this.
  • desire2burn27
    desire2burn27 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey I am Heather, 24, I don't live near Chicago (BC, Canada actually) but I have about 110 lbs to go, so I think we could motivate each other!
  • InkedAngel_14
    Options
    No BeachBody coaches or creepy guys trying to hit on me, please and thank you. :smile: :heart:
  • louisep88
    Options
    I am also 24. I started off wanting to lose about 80. I have lost 33 so far. But I am still struggling to keep going. Thought since we were the same age and wanting to lose similar amounts we might make good supporters for one another.
  • louisep88
    Options
    Also I did the same thing about making a new page!
  • mayweather13
    mayweather13 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Sure, all the way from the UK here! Looking to lose a very similar amount of weight between 80-100, anything close would be great lol!
  • blisser99
    blisser99 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hello I am looking to lose 70lbs and am about half way there. I log everyday and try to be as supportive as time allows. :-)
  • InkedAngel_14
    Options
    :smile: :heart:
  • Amaliaoami
    Options
    Hi, I'm 28 and am also trying to lose around 80 pounds; down 9 pounds so far! I just moved to the Chicago area to attend CSU's grad program. Looking for friends and motivators! Good luck to you.
  • merecard
    merecard Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! I just got back on the wagon myself, and have a significant amount of weight to lose forever. I find that this app is my best friend right now. I had to change the way I looked at food. Dinner was the main meal in our house and now we have put the effort into lunches and snacks. I find that by eating (and by eating I mean WAY more food than I was before! But it's healthy and in portion) more healthy food through out the day I am not STARVING when I get home from work. Now I understand all too well that some people can't snack at work. I recently left a job that I was not able to have little small snacks But now I pack little snacks and I go onto the app the night BEFORE and plan what I am going to have. It has made grocery shopping easier and mornings are not as hectic and I don't find myself just throwing things in my lunch bag. When you get that "Oh my goodness I am hungry!" feeling, you already know that you have food ready and you don't feel guilty about it. I use the little snack containers and fill them with carrots or peppers or whatever I have planned. I also bought a very small and very affordable food scale. I was over eating and not even realizing it. Apparently I have a HUGE hand, because a serving is WAY smaller than my hand. My trainer told me not to eat three hours before bedtime, and to always drink lots and lots of water. You can do this, we are all here for you!! And remember to work-out smarter not longer! Check out the App to see what activities you like and how many calories are spent doing them. You can burn a serious amount of calories swimming in 1/4 the time it takes to walk that same amount off. (Interval walking is GREAT!! but it's not on there I put in say 20 minutes moderate paced and then 10 minutes brisk paced) The best way to have success is to be prepared and have fun doing it. Sending encouragement to you from Ontario Canada!!
  • melaniealbert1978
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello. I have over 100 LBS to lose and would love to do it with suppotive friends!!
  • Dandman1990
    Dandman1990 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My name is Ashley, I'm 24 years old and trying to lose around 80 pounds. I've been on MFP for over a year, I had a different page but once I fell off the wagon, I made a new page when I was ready to come back. I am looking for friends and support in the Chicago area or online, I know I can lose this weight but I am struggling to just stay on the wagon and stay active. - I've been told that I have a bubbly personality and I am a great supporter, as well as, listener. If you'd like to be friends, just send a request. :smile: :heart:

I'm 23 year old guy trying to lose about 100 ^_^ Good Luck :happy: