Insanity question

Options
Should I log an INSANITY workout under aerobics or calisthenics?

Replies

• mikenelson20
    mikenelson20 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    There is an actually Insanity option on the database. It worked ok for me in the beginning but know I use a heart rate monitor and calculate the calories burned (online calculator). With many cardio exercises it is hard to have a default calories burned. Factors such as age, gender, intensity, weight, general fitness, etc. will all have a affect of total calories burned.
  • klemro
    klemro Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    So did you find that the calories from the database and the heart rate monitor were way off? not accurate at all?
  • simsburyjet
    simsburyjet Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I do insanity at the gym.. 30 minutes is about 400 calories...
  • mikenelson20
    mikenelson20 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    They were kinda close for me. The calculated calories were actually a bit low when I started, but I did weigh 285 lbs, Now that I down to 267 lbs and in 100X better shape I actually find it to be a little too high. Not a huge deal for me but for a smaller person it might give you some really false numbers.
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Use a HRM and you can log it accurately. I burned close to 850 calories per hour...but everyone is different. The MFP values underestimated for me as compared to my HRM.
  • klemro
    klemro Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info gentlemen :smile:
  • fhargis0002
    fhargis0002 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I use a HRM. When I wasn't using one I logged under aerbocis, high impact on plyo days. The HRM I use is just a cheap watch one w/out the chest strap. I am on a budget so I do what I can. I try to occasionally take my HR manually to compare accuracy and so far so good. I burn anywhere from 500-700 depending on the video and how hard i push myself.
  • AhealthierMi
    AhealthierMi Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    There is an actually Insanity option on the database. It worked ok for me in the beginning but know I use a heart rate monitor and calculate the calories burned (online calculator). With many cardio exercises it is hard to have a default calories burned. Factors such as age, gender, intensity, weight, general fitness, etc. will all have a affect of total calories burned.

where?