Wrist issues!

Options
I have been doing Jillian Michaels 6pack in 6wks abs work outs. As some know there are a lot of her exercises that include a plank position. Well after doing these workouts consistently, i'm having issues with my wrists. I had carpal tunnel (sp) during my last pregnancy and i havent been able to put weight on my wrists like that since. Side planks are a big no no for me, so i supplemented a different exercise but now that the plank pos is getting harder on my wrists period, i'm not sure what to do. I was considering wrapping, is there a good wrap i can use? does anyone know if the wrap will help?

Replies

• FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    This is my issue, too - I cannot do any sort of lifting or pushing because I have both carpal and cubital tunnel syndrome in my left arm, and had surgery for both in my right.

There should be a way to modify the exercise - see if you can figure out how to do that on your own, or maybe tweak the exercise a bit so you get the same benefit but in a different position?
  • karenmi
    karenmi Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I broke my left wrist a year ago and haven't been able to do pushups or any exercise that involves placing my hand on the floor since.

Do planks on your elbows, they should be almost as effective that way.
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Get a pair of 5lb dumbells and use them during the exercises that hurt your wrists. This works wonders, I didn't believe it until a fitness instructor (who was also a physical therapist) told me to do this during class one day.