Breakfast ideas please :)

Options
DarrahZ
DarrahZ Posts: 2 Member
I need some super simple low calorie breakfast ideas!

Replies

• prettigirl01
    prettigirl01 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    what I do is get some eggs, spinach, low fat cheese and carrots. mix it in a bowl and pour it into cupcake pans. cook for about about 20 mins and I have breakfast muffins for the week. quick and easy and you can add any veggies you like
  • maduro1
    Options
    what I do is get some eggs, spinach, low fat cheese and carrots. mix it in a bowl and pour it into cupcake pans. cook for about about 20 mins and I have breakfast muffins for the week. quick and easy and you can add any veggies you like

+1

Breakfast muffins are great and easy to make.
  • nena49659
    nena49659 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I tried the "breakfast muffin" idea too. Loved it!
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    -oatmeal
    --cream of wheat
    -cereal
    -fruit salad
    -omelete
    -protein pancakes
    my favorite is toast, usually with PB. I can top with blueberries, strawberries, and almonds. Or bananas, blueberries and almonds drizzled with honey and a dash of cinnamon, or toast with whipped cream cheese and fruit...I've even had toast with whipped cream cheese and fruit chobani spread on top. Usually one slice is enough because I put so much crap on top it's really filling!

Do you know what pinterest is? You should make an account. There are TONS of recipes on there. I post a lot...feel free to follow my recipes boards. My username is olivialove09.

:flowerforyou:
  • brendaher1212
    brendaher1212 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    The breakfast muffins are terrific. For a change I hard boil eggs the night before, then peel and cut up 1 or 2 and mix with avocado (1 egg, 1/2 avocado, 2 eggs, 1 whole avocado). One of my favorite quick breakfasts! :love:
  • kiturner42
    Options
    My favorite quick-and-easy breakfast is: banana pancakes! But not regular pancakes. . . there are only two ingredients! Find yourself one egg and one banana and you are SET. (You can also add cinnamon if you like, or anything else.) Mix 'em together in a blender, and heat them up on a pan like a regular pancake. Sometimes I add blueberries to top. They are so delicious and moist, they really don't need syrup or anything!

I got the recipe from Blogilates: http://www.blogilates.com/recipe-index/100-natural-pancakes-recipe-gluten-free-flourless-low-calorie
    There are a lot of good food ideas here, actually. :)
  • notnikkisixx
    notnikkisixx Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Toast, arugula, lightly cooked sliced tomatoes, and topped off with a fried egg. I use the Sara lee 45 calorie bread so this comes in at around 150 calories. I like to switch it up by sometimes including hummus, avocado, or cooked spinach. I like this one because you can prepare it fairly quickly!

I also like to make quick omelets, I mix 1 egg, 1 egg white, a handful of whatever greens I have on hand (chopped up), and either tomatoes or peppers. Typically I'll just top it with hot sauce, but sometimes I include sliced avocado or a small sprinkle of low-fat feta.
  • ziggyc
    ziggyc Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    bump. love the sound of the breakfast muffins! do you microwave them or eat them cold?
  • jackson7478
    jackson7478 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    bump to try later
  • albertine58
    albertine58 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I've made breakfast egg "muffins" & kept them in the freezer- just microwave 1 or 2 in the AM!

What I've been doing lately is make a big egg white + veggie scramble for the whole week & keeping it in the fridge. I saute a bunch of veggies (this week was 3 zucchini and 1 bell pepper) and then add egg whites (2-3 servings of whites per day you want to prep it for- I usually do 5 days at once so 10 servings = 460g whites). Then I dump the whole scramble into a tupperware on my zeroed food scale so I know the weight of the whole recipe, and divide by 5 so I know how many grams to serve myself each day. Plug in the whole recipe into the recipe calculator here for the total count (just the weight of the veggies + the whites- takes 2 seconds to enter). Then just weigh out a portion in the AM :) It honestly tastes as if I just made it, every morning!
    I eat my scramble with a whole grain english muffin or waffle topped with 12g almond butter and 10g low sugar jam. This entire breakfast plus the almond milk in my coffee comes to around 300 calories and it's SO satisfying- keeps me full until lunch!
  • I've just posted my new pancake recipe on this board. It is so good, and high-protein, so will keep you full up all morning.
  • cstoney2013
    cstoney2013 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    breakfast should be a good amount of calories. I like oatmeal, or eggs and I take a protien shake.
  • Sandigesha
    Sandigesha Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Whole oats with water. Eggwhites from boiled eggs. Banana. Super delicious. Not really.
  • Rianne90
    Rianne90 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Recently my breakfast has been yogurt (1.5% fat, I eat 150 grams, for the yogurt I eat that's 66 calories) with walnuts (20 grams, 133 calories, quite a lot I know but I really love love love them in my yogurt and they're good for me :) ) and 0.5 tbsp of honey. I also eat some fruit (today was a kiwi and and apple). When I'm feeling extra hungry I'll eat a boiled egg as well.
    The entire breakfast for today (no egg) came in at 337 calories, which I think is pretty decent for a breakfast.

I also really like oatmeal :)
  • Yellerie
    Yellerie Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Bircher Muesli (sometimes considered overnight oatmeal)
    1 cup of rolled oats
    3/4 – 1 cup of skim milk
    1 tablespoon honey [or to taste]
    1 apple, diced
    1 banana, sliced thin
    2 tablespoons greek yogurt
    1/4 cup dried cranberries
    1/8 cup toasted, sliced almonds

Soak the oats overnight in enough milk to cover them. In the morning, most of the milk will have been absorbed by the oats. Stir, then add in the yogurt, honey, and fresh fruit. Mix to combine. Add dried fruit and nuts. Taste the muesli and add more honey if necessary. Serves 2.
  • ocm244
    Options
    My favorite thing:

1. Spray a coffee cup with pam
    2. Crack an egg into the coffee cup
    3. stir it with a fork
    4. microwave for 1 minute
    5. Empty coffee cup onto a slice of toast
    6. add ketchup + slice of turkey bacon
    7. Eat happily

80 calories for bread, 92 for egg, 25 for a slice of turkey bacon.

I also really love the old standby of just some peanut butter on toast. Measure your peanut butter carefully, it's really tempting to cheat :-p
  • kmclamb13
    kmclamb13 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    egg white omelet with spinach and salsa 1/2c. egg whites,1c.spinach, and salsa.spray pan with pam pour in egg whites put spinach on top .when eggs get set turn over to cook other side and add salsa.when done fold and put on plate.very easy and full of protein you can add other vegetables also