Drinking water at the correct time

Options
Drinking water at the correct time maximizes its effectiveness on the Human body:

2 glasses of water after waking up helps activate internal organs

1 glass of water 30 minutes before a meal - helps digestion

1 glass of water before taking a bath/shower - helps lower blood pressure

1 glass of water before going to bed - avoids stroke or heart attack

Happy Drinking (H20)!!!

Replies

• ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    OOooo thanks!!!
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    OOooo thanks!!!
  • Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    Options
    Here's some addition info that I found as well:

In the morning. Before doing anything else, drinking one to two glasses of water just after you wake up can help stimulate peristalsis, lower blood concentration and boost blood circulation.

Before a meal. Drink a glass of water 30 minutes before meal can help preparing the digestive system to better absorb nutrients.

After a meal. It is NOT advisable to drink lots of water during or within half an hour after a meal because it can affect digestion.

In the afternoon. About 2:00 -3:00 o'clock in the afternoon, drink 2 cups of water to refresh the body and the mind

One hour before sleep. The body consumes water while we are asleep, making us feel thirsty and dehydrated in the morning. Drink some water an hour before you sleep can help replenish any water loss during the night
  • carfam07
    carfam07 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the information. I will definitely do better at drinking my water in the morning and before bed. Again, thanks!
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Over thinking things.
    Keep it simple.
    Drink water - all day long. Period.

Setting a schedule when you have to drink water is only going to drive a person nuts.
    I'm a type A personality but come on!
    Haahaa!
  • Sparklewolfie
    Options
    Here's some addition info that I found as well:

In the morning. Before doing anything else, drinking one to two glasses of water just after you wake up can help stimulate peristalsis, lower blood concentration and boost blood circulation.

Before a meal. Drink a glass of water 30 minutes before meal can help preparing the digestive system to better absorb nutrients.

After a meal. It is NOT advisable to drink lots of water during or within half an hour after a meal because it can affect digestion.

In the afternoon. About 2:00 -3:00 o'clock in the afternoon, drink 2 cups of water to refresh the body and the mind

One hour before sleep. The body consumes water while we are asleep, making us feel thirsty and dehydrated in the morning. Drink some water an hour before you sleep can help replenish any water loss during the night

I drink water all day long, but have heard so much contradicting advice... I heard drinking some warm water as soon as waking up is good to wake up the digestive system (plus I am thirsty anyway)

I heard one should not drink water within 3 hours of going to bed to prevent bloating, but I feel thirsty if I don't!

I drink water with and after meals because... it is my beverage... XD And I get thirsty!
  • EternalMysteria
    Options
    I agree with just drinking it all day. That way, you'll hit all those times without a doubt! Also, use a small cup..that way you can burn a few cals, going to refill it more often = )
  • helenturner
    Options
    well I now know why im thirsty in the morning...just thought i was getting older...THANK God thats not it...hehe!
  • Lulu2929
    Options
    Thanks for the water info.
  • Jennifer1982
    Jennifer1982 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Great info! I drink at least 10 glasses a day, beginning when I get to work. I will try to start drinking it soon after waking up in the morning.
  • Sparklewolfie
    Options
    Also a question, is it OK to drink water in the middle of the night? Sometimes I will get up in the middle of the night and grab a cup of water :bigsmile: I don't know if that might mess up digestion or something. I don't do it often, but am just wondering...
  • bpayne78
    bpayne78 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Also a question, is it OK to drink water in the middle of the night? Sometimes I will get up in the middle of the night and grab a cup of water :bigsmile: I don't know if that might mess up digestion or something. I don't do it often, but am just wondering...

I would think that if you're thirsty....drink. Thirst is your body's way of telling you that you need fluids. Actually, I think I've read that once you reach the "I'm thirsty" stage you're already dehydrating (Not using the right words here but I'm not sure how else to word it)
  • Sparklewolfie
    Options

I would think that if you're thirsty....drink. Thirst is your body's way of telling you that you need fluids. Actually, I think I've read that once you reach the "I'm thirsty" stage you're already dehydrating (Not using the right words here but I'm not sure how else to word it)

"dehydrated" ;) I have heard that too! For the past couple of years I drink pretty constantly throughout the day, so I get thirsty a lot more easily than I used too. I wasn't sure if that was my body adjusting to actually NEEDING more water now, or if it was just a habit to always have a cup of hot water with me at all time :drinker:

I usually tell if I am getting enough water by what color my pee is :laugh: It sounds gross, but it really is a good indicator! It is best to be clear or a very pale yellow and have no smell:sick: But sometimes I will be thirsty even if I have been drinking a lot...?:ohwell: