Pregnant....?

Options
i am seventeen weeks pregnant with twins. i want to track my diet to ensure my intake of protein, calcium and the like, however, i don't see anything that allows me to tell the program so. do i just modify my goals according to my nutrition needs? there's no "are you pregnant?" button that will do this for me? i just wondered... anyone?

Replies

• norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    First off, congrats on the twins! :flowerforyou:

If I'm understanding what you're looking to do, just go to settings then to dietary settings and change the settings to the things you'd like to track.
  • LexiAtel
    LexiAtel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    If you have an idea what you need (I have never been pregnant, let alone with TWINS), you can customize how much you wish to track of each thing.

Go to "MY HOME" then click "Goals" then at the bottom of the information, click "Change Goals". On the next page, select "Custom", then set it up like you need it.

I remember reading something about pregnant women need like 60g of protein a day, but I don't know if that's accurate.

Congratulations on your little growing things. So sweet :)
  • kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • BrownSugarBritches
    Options
    thank you all!!

i changed the goals according to what i'm to consume as instructed by my doctor and a few pregnancy websites. i didn't find a magic button to press so i manually updated everything. i'm allowed 300 additional calories, PER BABY, and need 71g of protein a day! that's the main reason i came back to myfitnesspal. i've tracked my intake on and off for about eighteen months, but this time around the exact intake is a little more serious.

thanks for your help and congratulations. :)
  • breeZrizi
    breeZrizi Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I am too!!!!

this is exciting :) im searching MFP for other mom's who are expecting multiples. Id like to hear how other people are going through this on MFP. I have a 5 year old and with her I gained toooo much. It was about 40lbs when I was already overweight to begin with. I dropped that weight gradually but not all the way to a healthy range like I hoped to be. I'm about 6 and a half weeks today :) and started off at around 166lbs. My Dr. said I was fine with a 1650 calorie diet in my first trimester with this pregnancy (at the time I thought I was pregnant with one). I keep reading add 300 calories per baby. soooo I'm going to aim for 1800-2000 of healthy calories.

How far a long are you???
    Is it your first?
  • pattya925
    pattya925 Posts: 398
    Options
    Excited for you! Congrats! :) Happy you were able to make MFP work for you.
  • suerun11
    suerun11 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I sure am trying to be:) Congrats to all you mommies to be!
  • breeZrizi
    breeZrizi Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Here's an update for those who have been adding me

I had a miscarriage last month. My twins will forever be in my heart but never in my arms. I'm not typing this to vent but I just wanted to type this to give those a heads up who have been adding me. I am no longer pregnant but we will be trying again eventually. I've just had a few requests because of this earlier post and I've had to explain my situation more than once.

however feel free to add me, I'm here to support you! I will not be in the same boat but maybe by Christmas we'll try again
    I am too!!!!

this is exciting :) im searching MFP for other mom's who are expecting multiples. Id like to hear how other people are going through this on MFP. I have a 5 year old and with her I gained toooo much. It was about 40lbs when I was already overweight to begin with. I dropped that weight gradually but not all the way to a healthy range like I hoped to be. I'm about 6 and a half weeks today :) and started off at around 166lbs. My Dr. said I was fine with a 1650 calorie diet in my first trimester with this pregnancy (at the time I thought I was pregnant with one). I keep reading add 300 calories per baby. soooo I'm going to aim for 1800-2000 of healthy calories.

How far a long are you???
    Is it your first?
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine how that feels. So very sorry. xx