WOW! I CANT BELIEVE IT! NO ALCOHOL!

Options
I REALLY ENJOY DRINKING! BUT I ENJOY SWEETS TOO. I KNOW THAT THERE ARE A LOT OF USELESS CALORIES IN ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES! I WOULD HAVE AT LEAST 2-3 GLASSES OF WINE AT THE END OF MY DAY AND ON THE WEEKENDS IT WAS A PARTY WITH THE BLENDER!

WELL I AM SO HAPPY TO SAY I HAVE NOT HAD AN ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE 3 WEEKS! CANT SAY THE SAME FOR BROWNIES YET! LOL!

Replies

• McGruber03
    Options
    Impressive! Alcohol is a hard thing to give up, especially when it's such a social thing for most people. Great job!
  • carriew776
    Options
    Good Job! This is one of my downfalls too, and it doesn't help that I am a bartender LOL
  • oddsonv
    oddsonv Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Good for you...I also love wine with dinner...I have just started allowing for it in my calories and limiting myself to one glass every other night or so...I drink it really slow to savor it...eventually when you are only drinking it every once in a while you don't really need a lot anymore...I am definitely a cheap date these days!
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Every little thing you do makes a difference. GREAT JOB!!!!
  • traceysturn
    Options
    Good for you - its hard. Has it made a huge difference in your losses? I enjoy having a few beers on the weekends. Especially now w/ Football, family & friends, tailgating etc...
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! I'm giving it up for 3 weeks myself...until my sisters wedding!! You should be so proud of yourself!
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Fabulous--concerning controlling the alcohol calories!
    RE: the brownies: I love them, too. Therefore, they are not allowed in my house. They taste so good, but they have sugar and pretty bad fats in them. Can you make a low- or no-fat brownie to munch on?
    Here is a web site that has fat-free brownies---you just add yogurt (fat-free) to the mix:
    http://www.nopudge.com/nutritionals.htm
    Maybe you can find other recipes, too!! :drinker: (water)
  • MonicaS29
    Options
    Good for you, girl! I'm right there with you. I haven't had a drink in 2 weeks. It probably seems like a small feat to most people, but for people like us whose social lives sort of revolve around booze it is definitely a big thing to conquer! My friends can't quite grasp the fact that I'm not partaking in the pitchers of beer at the sports bar, the guy I'm seeing doesn't understand why I can't meet up with him and his friends at the wine bar on a Wednesday night, and for myself I'm having a hard time finding things to do on a Saturday night at home instead of being out partying. But I must say, as the days go on it has gotten a little bit easier for me. I've caught up on all my dvr shows, all my magazines, and my house is cleaner than ever! Eventually I'll be fine with hanging out at the places and not drinking, but for now I just avoid them altogether. Keep it up girl!!! :)
  • ashiteru
    Options
    THANKS I AM GOING TO TRY THAT SITE OUT! MAYBE I CAN SLOWLY GET OFF THE FUDGY GOOEY ROLLERCOASTER! LOL
  • ashiteru
    Options
    THANKS YOU GUYS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT!
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I hear ya with the alcohol.. I could easily put awat a bottle of champagne every other night and weekends....whoo! Well, I went two weeks with none, and have just been adding ONE glass once or twice a week. I definitely enjoy it more now. and i've lost five pounds! I'm lucky I don't have the sweet tooth, but the crunchy fatty carbs, that's another story. I've managed to keep that in check too. Keep it up! it'll pay off!
  • rjmalovany
    rjmalovany Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I thought I could never do it as well. But if you just cut out the drinks for two weeks, and see a difference, it makes it so much easier to refrain (but have one you really want it after the two weeks!). I did the same with sugar as well. Now, a few chocolate chips is such a delicious treat. And you can stick to anything for just two weeks, right?
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! I've been limiting my alcohol to special occasions, so I've only drank 5 times this year so far.....but let me tell you when I do, there are NO LIMITS!! LOL
  • Kaye8395BTS
    Kaye8395BTS Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!! it REALLY does make a difference. I was a BIIIIIG drinker, like boarder-line problem, it's really tough when your young and your social life controls nights and weekends!!

In January, when I started my "journey," I told myself no drinking for a month...which was HARD, but it then turned into 2 months...then 3... now I've been sober for 10 months! AH! I did allow myself 1 night out a month with friends but kept it to very little consumption, versus the 12-pack+ I used to be able to put down. Now I have one glass of wine with dinner and I'm loopy!
  • AnAbsoluteDiva
    AnAbsoluteDiva Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Great news. I'm on my fourth day without my Chardonnay and it isn't super hard but it isn't super easy either. Kudos to you!