What is your most difficult workout?

Options
Hands down, it has to be the stairmill. I am amazed at how tough it is when basically all you appear to be doing is walking up stairs. I am drenched in sweat after 8 minutes and usually go 35 minutes.

Replies

• Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    I'd say mine are equally difficult in different ways. But once a week, I combine 30 minutes of weight training and Couch 2 5K. That one is always a killer workout day.
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I have to agree...as far as cardio goes, the stair master is killer! I need to start using it again.

I most do weight training, so the purpose of every workout it to make it difficult, regardless of what it is :)
  • ashleyinthecold
    ashleyinthecold Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I live on the 3rd floor of my apartments... I'm not about to go to the gym and get on that damn endless stair stepper! Most of the machines are difficult for me only from the aspect of 5 minutes in, I feel like it's been 30. I get so bored. So, most of my cardio is anaerobic for that reason. Anything involving jumping or using my shoulders (Burpees, Mountain Climbers) kill me. I don't know what it is... I want to die every time.
  • ronit1601
    Options
    I always try to experiment with my workout program while cutting..I have tried many exericises to find out which 1 works best for me but the exercise which I hate most is burpees ..it starts killing me àfter 20+ reps.
  • davepearson86
    davepearson86 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hands down it has to be the stairmill. I am amazed at how tough it is when basically all you appear to be doing is walking up stairs. I am drenched in sweat after 8 minutes and usually go 35 minutes.

There's one of those at my gym, very popular but I haven't tried it yet.

For me it's ridiculous inclines on the treadmill. And maybe squats.
  • SarahBeth0625
    SarahBeth0625 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Leg day... I do a whole bunch of weighted lunges and squats and it gets my heartrate up there -- higher than when I'm working it as hard as I can on the elliptical. I love it though. :)
  • fabafter5
    fabafter5 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Versa Climber
    Burpee Tabatas
    Manmakers grrrrrr
  • skadoosh33
    skadoosh33 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Leg day and squats.
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Leg day... I do a whole bunch of weighted lunges and squats and it gets my heartrate up there -- higher than when I'm working it as hard as I can on the elliptical. I love it though. :)
    Totally Leg day for me as well, hour worth of squats, then hams, with stiff legged deadlifts, roman deadlifts, lunges, 45 degree leg presses, reverse leg curls, leg extensions, front squats to finish up. Ready to pass out or get sick at this point.
  • Teanei
    Teanei Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Versa climber
  • Ironmaiden4life
    Ironmaiden4life Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Quad day! I split legs into 2 days.... hams/glute/calf and quads/calf.
  • dbienz
    dbienz Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Ohhh I love leg day :smiley: Theses former volleyball legs of mine are built for it! My upperbody on the other hand is a complete struggle bus. My most difficult work out has to be (and always has been) any form of bench press. Its so frustrating because I enjoy it but it is a challenge every time.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Track and boxing workouts. I would never miss them but they are a challenge for me. I'm not a natural runner and as far as boxing there is so much to think about it becomes just as mentally challenging for me as physical.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    thai boxing. and our boxing/cardio class at my thai boxing gym. I am stuffed after. it feels great though lol
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Afternoon workout the gym: 30 minutes recumbent bike, 21 minutes on the treadmill, and misc. weights and exercises to strengthen my knee, upper body, and lower body.

I come back home very tired. Feel like sitting down instead of cooking dinner or anything else after all that. If I do that same thing earlier in the day (occasionally) I am not so tired.

70044776.png
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Leggie day
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    a 2.5-3 hour bike ride on my indoor trainer. mentally and physically exhausting.
  • Klhernandez81
    Klhernandez81 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I just started two-a-days a couple of times a week, and for obvious reasons, number two is generally a little rough. A 3.5mile run in the FL afternoon heat after burpees and thrusters in the morning...
    I am going to have to either fuel better or start wearing my ankle ID.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Playing dodgeball against people 20 years younger than me. I've had to work on my fitness to be able to match them for accuracy and agility. Used to really kill me darting about, crouching and dodging - would end up sweating like mad and my heart pounding in my chest like it was going to explode. Not a problem these days. :)

Indoor climbing at a wall is always a struggle. You're always pushing your grade so will inevitably encounter a route that you just cannot do because the holds are so small and your grip is just not good enough. And your hands are wet with sweat despite using chalk, you're hanging under an overhang, trying to make that move to that stupidly small hold while the rope is slack beneath you. My hands are starting to get sweaty just thinking about it.