Has anyone heard of....

Options
Has anyone heard of the African Mango diet or the Garcinia Cambogia Diet? Apparently Dr. Oz was talking about them and I missed the episode.

Replies

• KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Pretty much anything Dr. Oz recommends is horse poop. Read actual studies about the efficacy of things you hear about to decide for yourself if you want to make the investment.
  • davepearson86
    davepearson86 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Dr oz is okay because he lets all these people put their opinions on his show. However, he acs like he agrees with every wack diet presented and even does these stunt explanations that aren't scientific at all. Take all dr oz health tips and diet with a grain of salt.

Ie he recommendes eating whole wheat then has wheat belly author on his show and says you should cut out all grains.

LCHF dieting seems to be effective for everyone I've seen use it and you don't starve or destroy your metabolism.
  • LorienCoffeeBean
    LorienCoffeeBean Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    if any of these things worked most of us wouldnt be here.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Yeah. I heard it gives you wretched sharts.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NO.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    if any of these things worked most of us wouldnt be here.
    And Oprah wouldn't be overweight either.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    droz.jpg
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    I tried the mango diet. It didn't work after the first hour so I said eff it and ordered a pizza.
  • davepearson86
    davepearson86 Posts: 158 Member
    Options

Lol heard or personal experience.
    I tried the mango diet. It didn't work after the first hour so I said eff it and ordered a pizza.

This!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I love Mango! In fact I ate a ton of mango over the past four years. Coincidentally I also put on 30 pounds.

Must have been doing it wrong.
  • soupandcookies
    soupandcookies Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Dr oz is okay because he lets all these people put their opinions on his show. However, he acs like he agrees with every wack diet presented and even does these stunt explanations that aren't scientific at all. Take all dr oz health tips and diet with a grain of salt.

Totally agree with this. I commend him for letting people express their opinions and "research," but I don't think he actually believes these things work.

The other day he had Sweet Brown ("Ain't Nobody got time for that") on his show, to discuss bronchitis and how it affects the general population. I mean, really?! We actually take this man seriously?
  • Fkika3131
    Fkika3131 Posts: 208 Member
    Options

LOL
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options

Lol heard or personal experience.

I totally made that up for dramatic effect.
  • igotabulletproofheart
    Options
    Dr Oz is full of bs when it comes to this stuff. All you need is to be on a calorie deficit unless you're a special snowflake who's doctors recommended a specific diet purely because your health needs it.
  • PinkFluffyNinja
    Options
    Thanx everyone