Rest Days

Options
On my rest days, i find i am eating too much. I do ALOT of excercise - i workout 2 x a day and i rely on those exercise calories so i can satisfy my hunger.

ON my rest days, (which i find myself forcing myself to have) i eat the same amount as i would on a excercise day and i go over my limit.

Is this going to damage my weight loss progress or should i cut out of foods and excercise more for the rest of the week?

Replies

• dbhaines
    dbhaines Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Focus on the week not the day
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    If it averages out to what you want, you'll be fine.
  • cutemommy2009
    Options
    Rest days!!
  • akathatoneguy
    akathatoneguy Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Rest days!!

Eating!
  • AgnesInWonderland
    Options
    I have the same question so BUMP!
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Don't eat all your exercise calories back on exercise days and save some up for your rest days. Or go by the TDEE method and eat the same amount every day.
  • TemikaThompson
    TemikaThompson Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Don't eat all your exercise calories back on exercise days and save some up for your rest days. Or go by the TDEE method and eat the same amount every day.

Very good advice. That's what I do or I will do extra exercise to cover my rest days which is pretty much the same thing
  • bluelena
    bluelena Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I use the TDEE -20% method. Same calorie goal every day regardless of whether or not it's a rest day. Your exercise is built into your calorie goal.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975025-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet
  • zilla
    zilla Posts: 46
    Options
    Oh my gosh I eat SO much on my rest day too ahha!! I wouldn't worry to much about it. I'd just (as other's have said) focus on the week :)
  • I don't see rest days as blow-out days. Rest days just mean I'm not actively working out (I still may be very active though), and not calorie counting/doing a diary, but relaxing and having a little of what I fancy without the worry.

If you sit on the sofa eating cakes, or have big meals plus treats. It's going to impede on your weight loss, not to mention confuse your metabolism.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I use TDEE-20% also, it makes life so much easier. I don't really have rest days though (ok I had one in 5 months), I always at least go for a 45 minute walk or something.
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    I used to have similar problems, then I upped my daily calorie goal a little and started making a conscious point to eat close to the same AMOUNT of food on workout days and rest days. I just choose more calorie dense foods on workout days so that I eat back my exercise calories. My body gets the same number of meals and snacks at the same time everyday, so I don't feel like I'm eating less on rest days. It's probably mostly mental, but it has helped me a lot, especially since I tend to workout 4 days a week and take 3 off.