Reducing calories as weight goes down

Options
MFP has ask if I want to reset my calorie goals, I am still consistently loosing weight at a lb a week which I am happy with, should I stick to my original calorie calculation and wait till I stop loosing or go with the flow and reduce? What have other people decided on.

Replies

• jadethief
    jadethief Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    If you're still losing, I wouldn't reduce calories yet.
  • rwstoneman1
    rwstoneman1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    MyFitnessPal have reduced my calories a few times now (started off on 1600 and now I'm down to 1460) but they only did it by about 40 cals each time - so I found it pretty easy to adjust. It's up to you though I guess, if you are losing weight and happy with the results you are getting then don't change a thing! :)
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    If you're still losing, I wouldn't reduce calories yet.
    I agree 100%. Eat as much as you can for as long as you can. :wink:
    In all seriousness though, just keep doing what you're doing. Things will start to slow down. It did for me, but rather than reducing calories, I reduced my deficit and prepared for a bit longer of a journey. But that's okay, it's not a race, right?
  • Mguilmot
    Mguilmot Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Never did. :-)
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    If you are still losing then don't do it, but what you might notice is a slow down of weight loss, because you are now a smaller size you need less calories to function, thus if you don't decrease your calories, the deficit won't be as large. Give it a go for a few weeks, if you are not happy with the result decrease to what MFP suggest.
  • igotabulletproofheart
    Options
    Personally, I'm increasing calories as my weight goes down. I'm currently on a VLCD and with each 5lb loss, I'm increasing my calories by either 100 or 200. I only have 20lbs to lose and want to eventually get to around ~1600 calories to suit my future TDEE.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    It won't be a huge calorie change if you do it. Your choice.