Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

pumpkin butter!!

godblessourhome
godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
edited September 21 in Recipes
3 1/2 cups pumpkin puree, or 2 cans (NOT pie mixture)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup apple cider (juice is fine too)
1 cup packed brown sugar
2-3 cinnamon sticks
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg

combine pumpkin, vanilla, apple juice, spices, cinnamon sticks and sugar in a large saucepan; stir well. bring mixture to a boil and reduce heat. simmer for 30 - 40 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently. taste and add more spices if needed. when desired consistancy, remove from heat source and allow to cool. remove cinnamon sticks. place in a glass jar with a screw-on lid. makes 14 servings.

Replies

• thanks for posting that recipe.. I love pumpkin butter and it is surprisingly not that bad for you.
    wonder how it would turn out using an artificial sweetener? or a mix of the two like splenda
    brown sugar blend.
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Any idea what the calories are for this?
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Never had it but I think... me likey!
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    I've bought pumpkin butter and it's very low in calories. Maybe 30 per tablespoon. And so tasty...
  • Sounds YUMMY!!!! Thank you for posting! :tongue:
  • paniolo5
    paniolo5 Posts: 186 Member
    Think this is going in the recipe book!
  • Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    When I saw saw the Pumpking butter topic...I did a Homer Simpson....Ummmmm pumpkin butter.....wiping the dripple running down my cheek!!
    I will make it this weekend!

Thanks for posting :flowerforyou:

Mary
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Any idea what the calories are for this?

88 calories per 1/4 cup.
  • paniolo5
    paniolo5 Posts: 186 Member
    FYI - just entered it in the recipe section just to see - comes up about 81 calories (based on the 14 servings & translating the 1 cup brown sugar to 48 teaspoons per a measurement converter). Not sure how Splenda works - if you can use half as much Splenda in place of the brown sugar, it only saves about 20 calories.

I'm going to experiment with this - this time of year I crave pumpkin anything. If this gets me my fix for far less calories than my usual pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting, then it's worth it!

Thanks for the recipe!
  • Oh my goodness!!!!! This sounds YUMMY with a capital Y. God help us during the holidays!!! I'm going to make some this weekend!!
    Thanks for the recipe. I love to cook!!!!
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Ive never had Pumkin Butter before but I LOVE pumpkin so this sounds GOOD!! Thanks for the recipe :-)
  • kingkimi1213
    kingkimi1213 Posts: 132 Member
    This sounds ammmmazing! Thanks for posting! Yum 100 calorie english muffins with this on them :D My mouth is drooling!
  • tn2010
    tn2010 Posts: 228 Member
    I've been buying Trader Joe's pumpkin butter for a couple years now...40 calories per tablespoon. I love mixing it in my greek yogurt!
  • tater8589
    tater8589 Posts: 616
    Bump :)
This discussion has been closed.