beginning again.....

Options
Hi
I fell off the fitness wagon for about a year now. I have lost most of my progress made.

I am hoping this time I will not loose my drive for a better future for myself.

Hoping to find support mixed with the occasional kick in the *kitten*.

I only work out at home, due to my family life = so I have to get up at 5:30am to have the quiet time to myself. Which I think proves to be a challenge on a good day, but this has to become my routine.

Replies

• Red_Scorpio_www
    Options
    Your decision about having to spend sometime for yourself is very very good and yea...you will practice it well :)
    I had fallen off wagon for about 12 times in 10 years !!!! but still I am not giving up because I want to stay healthy...
    You can really do this :)
    Add me its good here with more frends :)
  • tamjones3
    tamjones3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Go for it and stay positive!:flowerforyou:
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    I fell off the wagon for a couple of years, then got back on, fell off, got back on, fell off...you get the picture. :) I have been back on for a little while now and I'm loving it. You can do it!

Feel free to add me if you need more friends. I see from your picture you must be a Habs fan. My husband is one of those. :)
  • cdahl383
    cdahl383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I've done the same thing with the losing and gaining weight over the last few years since we had kids. But now I've made a commitment to lose the weight and actually stay fit afterwards instead of gaining it all back. Time is pretty short for me as well so I've set up a small home gym in our basement and plan to use that over the winter rather than traveling out to a gym and missing out on time with my kids after work.

Good luck with your goals and hopefully with some extra motivation you can lose the weight and keep it off this time around!
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I can do support and kick up the backside too! Add me if you like :smile:
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I see that you mentioned needing to get up at 5:30 am to have the time to yourself for exercise and saying that it "has to become your routine." Why? It's not that we shouldn't challenge ourselves, but if morning workouts don't work for you, you will not keep up with them. It's not for everyone. Had I decided NOT to take time in the evenings away from time spent with family, I can guarantee you I would either not be here anymore or would be starting over again and again.

That said, it doesn't always have to be time away from your family either. My son and I (who is now 7 1/2), have exercised together some since he was just before 5 years old. While he doesn't always stick to my plan, we are both being active which is better than ditching exercise completely. When he was 6 we started playing tennis together somewhat regularly (mostly drills, not full games) and have run up to 2 miles together as well as walked 3 miles. He likes doing kickboxing videos too.

Try to think outside of the box of doing it when you have time to yourself...just do it at the time that will allow you some consistency in the frequency of workouts.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,111 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you...hence the MFP name. I gained quite a bit of my weight back over the summer, even though I was very active. I just wasn't counting calories and I have found that is a MUST for me. So, I reset my counter and started over about 2 weeks ago. Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like. We can do this!