Target Jeans = AWESOME!!

Options

Replies

• CurvyGaGirl
    Options
    I bought a pair of Merona Fit 4 jeans today at Target on clearance. I looked and looked for size 12 and couldn't find them. So, I tried on a size 10 and they were too large! Then, by chance, I was looking in lingerie for just anything on sale and found a randomly placed size 8 in the Fit 4. They fit perfectly! Now, I have always found that Target's sizes were too small for me before and I also realize that these Fit jeans are definitely vanity-sized, as the saying goes. But it was nice just to find a pair that fit perfectly.

That said, I'm pretty proud of the fact that I have lost about 13 pounds since January simply by being physically active at my home improvement store retail sales job and by cutting out most sweets. Additionally, I have cut back very lately on the craft beer I love (actually, I've cut it out of my diet) and I eat vegetarian meals about 3-4 times a week. So, if Target wants to tell me this time that I'm a size 8, I am fine with that.

By the way, I can wear sizes 6 (skirts, dresses) to size 14 (super skinny jeans). Never trust a tag!
  • skinnyass2014
    Options
    Target no longer carries the same fits. They changed the fit styles and almost everything is skinny fit now. Hardly any bootcut to be found
  • JamieH1984
    JamieH1984 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I to LOVE Target jeans. I can hardly wait to fit into the pairs I bought as motivation!
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Yep. About 2 years ago, Target finally started having short/average/tall sizes too. Up until then, I'd never been able to buy pants there. Now???? All my pants come from Target. I can my curviness and shortness combination sized just for me. Perfection.
  • Adrianachiarato
    Adrianachiarato Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I detest Target. I'd rather buy Levi's, CK, DKNY, Tommy...
  • Flabulousss
    Options
    Could never find a fit there for me... Pants are quite frustrating. I have slender thighs but wide hip bones... All I got is junk in the trunk. Don't consider myself curvy though, as those cuts are horrible for me... Stretchy skinnies are the only thing that fits.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Up until about 2 or 3 years ago, Target thought that all women were 5'6" tall and had no curves anywhere. I'm very happy with their new line. And now I'm realizing that I'm going to need new jeans for this year (yay!) and I'm actually not dreading going jeans shopping.
  • jhloves2knit
    jhloves2knit Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I was so happy to read this tip. Thanks for posting! I've never found jeans that fit since I have a large waist and long torso. 5 to 10 more pounds lost, and I''m going to Target to check out their jeans.
  • FJcntdwn2sknyluv
    FJcntdwn2sknyluv Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Whoever said that the target brand runs small, you are absolutely right!!! I tried on a pair of shorts, and I usually wear a 6/7, and tried the 8 and they wouldn't even go past my hips.... I figure I'd need at least a 12 for them to work for me, but they didn't have that size so i'm not sure.

Odd, I've actually had the opposite problem. At the time was I was a 13, but ended up buying size 11 shorts and they fit perfectly!

Same here, I'm always a size smaller there!
  • FJcntdwn2sknyluv
    FJcntdwn2sknyluv Posts: 651 Member
    Options
  • lolapedia88
    lolapedia88 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I detest Target. I'd rather buy Levi's, CK, DKNY, Tommy...

Why post this then? Curious
  • lolapedia88
    lolapedia88 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I like target jeans! Being plus sized still for now means not the biggest selection but I have a pair or
    Two from them and they fit great
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I have several pairs of their old style jeans - always thrilled that they carry all sizes in the long length, and wish the bigger brand names would catch on that size 2 and 4 women can have long legs! Used to wear Levi's but their long lengths stop at size 6.

Haven't tried Target's new jeans since they changed all the cuts though. Was thrilled to get a few pairs of the old styles on clearance for about 6 bucks - SCORE! :drinker:
  • iechick
    iechick Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I have to disagree-I bought three pairs and the coloring in the knee area faded in less than a month and they became very stretched out to the point where they no longer fit. For the cost I spent on the three pairs that I had to throw away within a few weeks of buying, I could have bought one nice pair somewhere else that would have lasted :( I now just get Abercrombie, Express or American Eagle at goodwill and pay $5 a pair for good quality jeans. Even used these brands look and feel new and I'll get a lot of use from them.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Target no longer carries the same fits. They changed the fit styles and almost everything is skinny fit now. Hardly any bootcut to be found

Try Old Navy. I love their "Flirt" cut.
  • xxmarysmxx
    xxmarysmxx Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    This is great! Going to check it out.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I feel that Target has amazing jeans in my opinion.

I also agree.

I've been eagerly waiting to drop a pant size, and hadn't done so yet. A few days ago I tried on a pair of size 14's and they fits like a glove. Needless to say, I shall be wearing them with enthusiasm now.

Edited to say that the Jeans I purchased I got on clearance for $5.38. Win? I think yes.
  • imzadi481
    imzadi481 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Good to know! The first Target near here will open in a couple of months, I'll shop there for jeans!
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    I have a pair and love them. They are nice because they don't look like mom jeans. Very slenderizing and stylish.

Me too! I have several pairs of Merona jeans and I love 'em too. Recently I got 2 pair of Guess & Gloria Vanderbilt skinnies and they fit in all the right places too. :blushing:

tumblr_lpca4lfBxM1r0i0gco1_500.gif
  • amwoidyla
    amwoidyla Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I buy almost 75% of my clothes at Target, but not the jeans. I like a skinnier fit, which is Fit 6 in the Mossimo brand and it runs really really small. I remember one time that I would have had to buy a size 15 when I was wearing 10-11, I didn't buy them because of the number on the tag. I bought a pair of shorts and they were a 9 when I currently in a 4 everywhere else. I know junior's sizing is different, but seriously.

Fitness gear, dresses, dress pants....Target is the place to be!